Is it valid to claim that TGM is "the truth"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Way too much stuff in one post pixie.

Please don't use 'bad' terms with respect to Homer, Ben, Lynn or anyone else I and 99% of the member hold in high regard (we do for very good reason).

Try asking one question at a time and I'll be glad to answer.

OK?

I would still like to know if there's any independent proof that can back up the claim the the principles of TGM are correct.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Here is the deal...

I could give you examples on a case-by-case Golfing Machine 'idea,' but what you are asking, has never been done for very good reason...

There is 'no money' in finding out. Either way.

And no POWER.

Chuck has told me that" The Golfing Machine" was presented to people from M.I.T. (not sure who)and they found no problems.

Yoda seems to elicit tons of customer endorsement on this and other golf forums. I don't recall such a spontaneous outpouring of gratitude for Brian. Maybe Yoda is the most knowledgeable and proficient TGM teacher on the planet, as one admirer recently posted.

As for denny's claim that -- "Chuck has told me that" The Golfing Machine" was presented to people from M.I.T. (not sure who)and they found no problems."

Names, denny, people's NAMES ..... !!!!!!!!!

I want to see Brian write more clearly.
Often, he writes in a style that is absolutistic. This may be acceptable to people who already are hooked on TGM principles. But I don't think it's effective with more discriminating readers.

Brian writes often that he's the best and most knowledgeable golf instructor out there. He's claimed that his is the best website. He takes pride in telling the story of how Benedict Doyle stood up at the PGA summit and asked Gary Wiren if in fact the TGM principles were the truth in golf.

Brian often seems to jump to conclusions without offering proper evidence. Example, Brian said that his was the number one golf instruction website. Two of his reasons seemed to be: he knew more about golf than anyone, and because his forum members were here (so they must be smart).

Really, I believe the statements look like garbage if there's no reliable evidence to back up the fantastic claims.

Unfortunately, I overgeneralize, and make assumptions that some of his golf instruction is introduced the same way: readily accepted by the sheep, but not by the more discriminating readers (who I think are his main target).

quote:Originally posted by brianman

Please don't use 'bad' terms with respect to Homer, Ben, Lynn or anyone else I and 99% of the member hold in high regard (we do for very good reason).

Try asking one question at a time and I'll be glad to answer.

OK?
which "bad" terms were you talking about. I don't deify Homer, Ben, Lynn or anyone else as people, in the same way that I don't think I'm superior to anyone as a person.

hey pixie,

what's your point?

here are a few answers for you...

brian's site is NOT #1....

you would never call Ben Doyle, Benedict, if you actually knew him...or for that matter had an encounter with him...

the golfing machine is by far the most complete and correct understanding of the golf swing to date......is it perfect and without assailability?...of course not.....but your negative postings, personal attacks, and ridiculous overgeneralizations are tiresome at best...

if your only aim is to hurt the forum by constantly being negative,,,then you will be dealt with....if you are engaging in what you think is healthy debate...then lose the negativity and DEBATE....

if you don't like what is said...QUIT READING THE POSTS AND STOP POSTING....

as far as horton and others like him...the same applies.....

we now get that you have problems with some of the golfing machine......we too have problems with single axis stuff....does that make you right?...does that make us right?......of course not........your BS has played out.....the alterior motive to bring this site to a halt will backfire....although i always counseled brian about never banning a poster or post, you guys have come with a fresh reason for your banning....

debate the golf swing and quit whining!

quote:Originally posted by mikestloc

hey pixie,

you would never call Ben Doyle, Benedict, if you actually knew him...or for that matter had an encounter with him...

Oh. I thought Benedict was his proper name. Brian refers to him, on this forum, as Benedict.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Bentley....of course you KNEW that, and were trying to be cute.

and BTW, my site is the #1 most visited INSTRUCTOR's forum.

Period.

and many (not just I) think has the best content.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I, me, Brian Manzella, The Italian Stallion, The MANZ, etc.

I have been teaching golf for 20 years. That is WAY more testing then anything else anyone would ever do to a 'model.'

no conflict.
I just don't see that he has the proper awareness on how to effectively present a claim.

Anyway, I'm through with this. In my opinion, I didn't read any good answers from Brian.
I probably could have asked better questions, though.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.