Italian Stallion Perfect Pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been mentioned to work on the Pivot the BM's style.
I have not heard anyone respond on how it has changed there game.

I will add my 10cents. From what I have noticed, is this way really loads the body up for a nice unloading feeling through the ball.

Few question on taking the club away, I feel that its the upper left arm (torso) taking back, which at times on the backswing I can feel that the club want's go into a laid off position. I am getting a couple different feels that are confusing me, because I feel I am doing the same thing over each time and having two totally different position feels.

Has anyone had this feeling? Should one take it back with the right hand and arm and not the left side feeling?

Brian, if your out there, from your threads on perfect pivot, it appears in the drills it's the upper torso that loads up. What might I be missing in the hand and arm department? Should I strive to pull the right arm and hands further from my right ear on the backswing? What is the proper way to load the hands and arms. The Torso is loaded, and feels great, its the arms and hands that are in question on this perfect pivot backswing area.

Stallion show the way.

Last edited:
Guess Mom, what shoulder.

Excellent questions.
What I think, you should not take it back with the upper left arm, if your right handed. Right shoulder or right elbow are best. All that left arm stuff taking it back can lead to pulling with the left side and incorrect plane feels, that you have been getting.
Just never forget to keep tabs on your set-up and alignments.
If you are doing the perfect pivot as BM show's, you will see that Brian is taking it back with his right shoulder. Surprise, not his left.
I will let Brian answer with his illustrations.

Glad you posted this question b/c I have noticed that when I try the "Perfect Pivot" that I constantly suck the club too far inside right away. Probably just my upper body reacting from years of compensating for my reverse pivot move. Guess I should break out the plane lasers and try the Perfect Pivot with them attached. Great question.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great Question!

This will be the simplified version...

Your arms MOVE up, away, and to the golfer's right on the backswing.

This is—of course—where the arms/hands/clubhead, the POWER PACKAGE in TGM parlance, IF there were NO TURN.

So....

While you are PIVOTING, the arms have to BE LIFTED in this direction...of course (again) this direction is MOVING while the pivot is.

Hard to explain....need to do a little video....

WORTH THE LOOK

Brian Manzella said:
This will be the simplified version...

Your arms MOVE up, away, and to the golfer's right on the backswing.

This is—of course—where the arms/hands/clubhead, the POWER PACKAGE in TGM parlance, IF there were NO TURN.

So....

While you are PIVOTING, the arms have to BE LIFTED in this direction...of course (again) this direction is MOVING while the pivot is.

Hard to explain....need to do a little video....

Brian a short video of this would help a lot. Which has been the most successful way to teach, Left shoulder takeaway/ right shoulder take away/ right forearm takeaway? Is there anything wrong with left shoulder takeaway? Other then the fact that my right arm seems to take on a couple different feels, one laid off that I get away with and one that feels better more on plane that some times does not do as well. I do feel that it is just not knowing what is most correct, keeps me from free swinging.

Video or illustration would be great.How about Homers book, does it show any illustration of this? What page? Does your Movie video go into this deep subject. ;)

Thanks Stallion

Lou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.