Jekyll and Hyde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Ok Dr Jekyll is the Ideas on the release and Mr Hyde is what I do from what I learned from COFF FLW yada yada yada. I though COFF was the best thing ever for me well NSA too and it is. All my golf pals were so impressed with the distance and divot taking I was too! I was not the best of chipper or pitcher of the ball, but I was not the worst either, from my group, 20+ cappers and all. So when the IOTR video came out and all the hoopla was going on I had to check it out, I did and from the git go the conlfict has been going on, I wanna do a chip ala IOTR and bam Hyde shows up I skull the ball and it takes off, way off. When Dr Jekyll finally appears it is the easiest feeling chip ever, no divot, just brush the grass, nip the ball perfectly the ball goes in the direction intended near the hole nice! I want more Dr Jekyll and less Mr Hyde are any of you going through this or have gone through this and what did you or have done to exorcise Mr Hyde or aleast keep him under control?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Sounds like COFF and NSA hasn't cured your open clubface problems OR your grip isn't strong enough for IOTR (Ideas on the Release for those who don't know the acronym). Remember, IOTR requires a stronger grip than NSA.

hp12c

New
Sounds like COFF and NSA hasn't cured your open clubface problems OR your grip isn't strong enough for IOTR (Ideas on the Release for those who don't know the acronym). Remember, IOTR requires a stronger grip than NSA.

Hi Jim, thanks for posting, I remembered about the grip. I do have it a little stronger than NSA or COFF. I went out to pitch and chip today and was pleasantly surprised. what I noticed was I was taking the club in ala SD when I was having issues, today I kept the club more in front of me on th BS and then swung Left way left and the chips anf pitches were nice not one skull and just dmaged the top part of the grass. I was using my LW+, LW, SW.

ZAP

New
This is sort of where I am at with my chipping and pitching. I have worked pretty hard at trying to use the bounce more effectively from being the worst handle dragger slider you ever saw. Problem for me is now I get stuck in between like you describe and I am totally screwed.

I am holding out hope for additional information on the short game from this crew once they get through Project 1.68. I think if I have the opportunity to take a lesson from Brian this year it is going to be short game only. Kevin really helped me with my sand game and specialty shots like flops and stuff but the vanilla pitch still baffles me. I have about a 20 yard shot tonight in league and went full flop on it with nothing in the way because I knew I had no chance otherwise.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
too inside on takeaway is death for chipping and pitching. think more "straight back" on the takeaway, it will still go inside but no where near as much and will help keep loft on the club

hp12c

New
This is sort of where I am at with my chipping and pitching. I have worked pretty hard at trying to use the bounce more effectively from being the worst handle dragger slider you ever saw. Problem for me is now I get stuck in between like you describe and I am totally screwed.

I am holding out hope for additional information on the short game from this crew once they get through Project 1.68. I think if I have the opportunity to take a lesson from Brian this year it is going to be short game only. Kevin really helped me with my sand game and specialty shots like flops and stuff but the vanilla pitch still baffles me. I have about a 20 yard shot tonight in league and went full flop on it with nothing in the way because I knew I had no chance otherwise.

This helped me and swinging left way left, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.