Joe Durant... swings WAY left??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is this swing going left of left of left?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l1i9jyUJ9Q[/media]

Looks to be well left of where Monte would be. Anyone know if he's been on trackman?

footwedge

That's where the fairway is. Straight ahead doesn't look too good to me. The tee box in front of the one he's on is also left of his tee box.

that is the weakest grip I've ever seen on tour

Help me out on this. I understand that watching Joe Durant face-on it clearly appears as though he has a weak grip. But if has rotated his plane line left won't a so-called neutral grip taken in relation to the plane line appear to be weaker if it is viewed in relation to the target line? does that make any sense? :confused: I have thought the same thing with Hogan. I know you guys do not suffer fools well, so tee off! Nature gave me durability rather than smarts! :D

Notorious,

Every time I see a tour player with one of their "tips" in GD, I am more and more convinced that they are either the dumbest human beings on the planet or there is a worldwide conspiracy among tour players to keep the good information to themselves. I love Durant's swing, but those tips are brutal.

ekennedy -

I'm with you. I guess they think their average reader plays once a year and can't break 120. They certainly try to confuse better players.

F

fabhefRhigiobfog

сказка чтоли

Конечно. Так бывает. Можем пообщаться на эту тему.

I always stare in amazement at a tip where the words say one thing, and the picture shows another. I this case the Golf Digest link says Durant checks to make sure the toe is up at hip high in the backswing. The inset picture shows the toe in a somewhat face looking at the ball position. I'm sure it's not some editorial error. They just decided nobody would notice and went with it anyway.

I always stare in amazement at a tip where the words say one thing, and the picture shows another. I this case the Golf Digest link says Durant checks to make sure the toe is up at hip high in the backswing. The inset picture shows the toe in a somewhat face looking at the ball position. I'm sure it's not some editorial error. They just decided nobody would notice and went with it anyway.

good point, saw that. closed to my eyes.

actually, what parameters to use to really line straight up the toe? which edge needs to be vertical?

Status
Not open for further replies.