Johnson Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he such a "short" hitter? He's practically a middle linebacker that gives it a big rip yet is ranked 164th in driving.

Curtis, that is an interesting question. There is a YouTube video titled 'Johnson Wagner Golf Swing Analysis' that offers an evaluation addressing that very issue, and suggesting adjustments to increase his clubhead speed.

Erik_K

New
Keep in mind that if he hit the ball 10 more yards, he'd be well within the top 100. We often forget that in just about all major categories, these PGA pros are really grouped tightly together.

I did notice that it's just that many of the guys above him are 50 pounds lighter or more which is why it didn't make sense to me. When I first saw him swing I just assumed he was a long hitter which prompted me to look at his stats. Just seems like a big dude that doesn't hold anything back when he swings. IDK

Erik_K

New
Well of course everyone will want to see his "numbers." For all we know he needs a few minor tweaks to blast it out there 10-15 more yards. He's not super accurate off the tee either and that might be one reason that he needs to throttle it back some.

Status
Not open for further replies.