Just another take-away

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried all types of take-away. Recently been doing RFT. but find it sometimes pulls me off the ball. Today I used a left arm take-away, left hand rolls under the right, creating a perfect FLW. and keeping me much more stable coiling onto my right heel. Stopping my overswing.

Do you think this is a viable option. I have never heard of anyone doing it this way? or are there inherent problems?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Brit....

It is VERY viable.

Many champions throughout golf history have employed a similar "feel."

Just remember this:

Does it make the CLUB do what you want it to do?

If the answer is yes—no matter what anyone says—do it!

That's good :)

It worked well for me today. Hopefully it will continue to be good.

I will have to check on video to see what it looks like.

Thanks Brian

britt:
how does the left hand roll under the right? seems this would cup the left wrist at the top. now if i roll the left over the right it seems ok. what am i missing?

I will try to explain

It is a one piece takeaway where I feel that my left hand goes under my right. I know what you mean by the halfway mark. From there all I feel is my pivot. I don't conciously do anything with my hands. I coil onto my right heel which starts my transition weight shift back to the left.

I can't say too much or the site asks for a refresh and I have to start all over again :(

I am a beginner though so please take what I say accordingly.

Brit; over the last 2 months I have had the same feel of LW rolling under RW, and it has produced some beautiful ball striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.