just because i'm curious, could everyone who responds to this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
66 - PGA Member since 1969 - 30 years as Club Pro, Played Sr PGA Tour for 6 years (exempt player for 2 of the 6) - currently do Logistics and Production Planning for Softspikes (owned by Pride Mfg). Just a weekend golfer now trying to keep my handicap in the "+" range.

OK I'll bite

49 years of age, COL US Army (career officer now I guess).

I am currently a Professor at West Point.

I was born in Greenville, SC. We moved around a bit and we finally settled in Myrtle Beach when I was in my early teens. I worked at a large hotel and volunteered at a Pro-Am. It was at this tourney that I met both Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer and immediately took up golf. By the way, both were very nice and chatted with all the volunteers which is what struck me the most. How nice and gracious they were to everyone. Class acts and they both made me see what makes golf a great sport.

I have been playing golf poorly since 1977.

I hope to retire back home and play every day but until then, I play once or twice per year depending upon my course workload. I used to be a favorite player in my last assignment because I was the only player the General could regularly best during charity events.

My brother-in-law is a TGM guy and he turned me on to it about 6 years ago and I have been hooked ever since. By the way, he was in the AF and played on the AF golf team for 8 consecutive years so he is no slouch. He swears by TGM principles. What strikes me the most about him is that he can not play for months and then go out and play par or under. He is retired from the AF and now he works in Myrtle Beach at a company that provides security services.

Bigwill,

Glad I can still surprise someone. Oh, I guess you can count me in the doctor camp. PhD kind, not the MD so I don't want to see any weird growths. Not without a few drinks first.

Status
Not open for further replies.