Just found a trackman!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just found a range reasonably close that has a Trackman. Emailed them and the pro said they charge $50 per hour to use. Is this a reasonable price in your experience? I mean, I'll probably end up trying it either way, but is this pretty much the going rate?

For those of you in Central Ohio:
Granville Golfland | Home

They say they are the only range in Ohio to offer Trackman to the general public. Anyone know if this is right?

natep

New
Somebody made a post on here a while back saying they found one for almost $200 an hour somewhere in the midwest. So $50 sounds great.

I'd make sure it's not the "range" trackman. It does not have all the measurements that the regular one has. Otherwise $50 is a great price.

natep

New
I think the "range" version just gives ball data, like launch, spin, carry etc. but doesnt give club path or face, AoA, etc. measurements.

I'd make sure it's not the "range" trackman. It does not have all the measurements that the regular one has. Otherwise $50 is a great price.

This is from the range website:
trackman-data.jpg

trackman-1.jpg

track-man-2.jpg

natep

New
The "range" version that bolt mentioned is called "Trackman Launch" or "Trackman the Game" or somwthing similar. you can do a search and find out what the differences are.

I think the "range" version just gives ball data, like launch, spin, carry etc. but doesnt give club path or face, AoA, etc. measurements.

It LOOKS like they have the full version....club path, swing plane, dynamic loft, spin loft, face angle etc.....

dbl

New
Cant' say they machine they have, but technically a machine might "gather" (as they say) those parameters listed but not spit them out to you...

Cant' say they machine they have, but technically a machine might "gather" (as they say) those parameters listed but not spit them out to you...

Yea if it's the real deal it's a great price. I charge a lot more than that.

That's what I remember from others posting. If you get the information like what you've found then your good, minus angle of attack and face path numbers not so good, I would assume the facility can tell you better than we can...maybe call them?

That's what I remember from others posting. If you get the information like what you've found then your good, minus angle of attack and face path numbers not so good, I would assume the facility can tell you better than we can...maybe call them?

Right, I'll need to check with them to see, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the help guys. I didn't know that there were different versions. If it IS the real deal: YouTube - ‪wow that's a low price (updated)‬‏ :cool:

Try Stonewater GC in Highland Heights

Thanks for the info. Maybe they mean "stand alone" range.

I emailed the shop again and they said it's the $30k+ version that does everything. It's outside but in a covered bay where you can hit off either grass or a mat. The good news is it's only about 40 minutes from me, don't have to drive 2 1/2 hours to Cleveland. I'm excited:D

If it's the range I'm envisioning, trackman is the only thing it could possibly offer. I like to affectionately call that very range A DUMP. Anyway, Trackman is great even at a dump.

Keep in mind that if you're hitting at a dumpy range with dumpy range balls, the only number that will be of any benefit to you are the club numbers. If the club numbers aren't available, then even at $50 you'll be getting ripped off. Don't pay money to track range balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.