...keep my head behind the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDL

New
How do I stop the dreaded upper body /center of the pivot slide on the DS? While indoors, if I turn my head all the way to the right like Linda Blair in the Exorcist, and look at myself in the mirror, with no conscious thought of doing anything in particular, my head remains to the right* and still turned) and my right forearm and club are on plane and inline at impact. However, I am not going to risk doing that with full shots outdoors.

Looking at a sideview of the plane is mor helpful than looking down at the ground.

DDL

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

To need to learn to do this:

Keep your TAILbone ahead of your NECKbone thru impact.

Do I isolate a specific group of muscles? Hebron, in his book, recommended not use the hips to move the hips, but to use the upper left leg and the back muscles to rotate the hips. Don't remeember what specific muscle groups he recommended for hip slide.

Thanks

DDL

New
My backswing pivot was screwed up. After rereading your excellent Pivot article, I discovered the base of my spine was moving towards the target on the backswing, thus your suggestion wasn't registering.

In order to keep the base of my spine stationary on the BS, my right hip, although rotating back and around towards the target, slides just a little bit to the right. Is that OK? On the DS, I am able to slide my hips and tailbone ahead of my neckbone, and transport my wedges downplane, at least indoors without a ball. Snow again.

Thanks a bunch.

Brian:

To expound further....anyway to feel you are cracking the nutmeg without actually 'over-pivotin'?? What I mean is...I want the movement of my hands to pull the pivot around (only as much as necessary)...is there a way to make sure I don't move the pivot too much while cracking??

Thanks

Fl-John

Status
Not open for further replies.