keep your eye on the ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the full swing, is it true that one should not look to see where the ball is going and to keep your eyes at the point where the ball was? I know it is not necessary to keep your head still as it can go back and forth a little.
Thanks,
p

Brian Manzella

Administrator
For the full swing, is it true that one should not look to see where the ball is going and to keep your eyes at the point where the ball was? I know it is not necessary to keep your head still as it can go back and forth a little.
Thanks,
p

Meaningless.

Thanks,
p

How will that reconcile the plane line vs. the true path of the club and help me manipulate my D-Plane?

I figured as much. But every golfer has that look, where he's looking down where the ball used to be and his arms are past him. Even you have this look on the cover of NSA/avatar, except that you're smiling for the camera :)

I figured as much. But every golfer has that look, where he's looking down where the ball used to be and his arms are past him. Even you have this look on the cover of NSA/avatar, except that you're smiling for the camera :)

See Annika, Duval, Durant, Furyk?...

Surely there are many more.

See Annika, Duval, Durant, Furyk?...

Surely there are many more.
There are also blind people who play golf.

Since I can see, I choose to use that sight to help me make precise contact.

I see a lot of hackers rotating their heads before impact. I guess they are trying to get a head start on seeing where their ball is going. Of course, if you are a pro, maybe you can win tournaments doing that.

For pm4610, you need to release your head and upper body after impact. Otherwise, you get back problems.

Last edited:

I see a lot of hackers rotating their heads before impact. I guess they are trying to get a head start on seeing where their ball is going.

Sight? You need sight to make precise contact? Maybe on a weird slope or something but I assure you great ball strikers could hit the ball just as well with their eyes closed on an even lie. I'm sorry but saying that hackers look up fast to see where the ball is going is a very amateur response.

I see a lot of hackers rotating their heads before impact. I guess they are trying to get a head start on seeing where their ball is going. Of course, if you are a pro, maybe you can win tournaments doing that.

For pm4610, you need to release your head and upper body after impact. Otherwise, you get back problems.

I just have a hard time thinking these players are compromising something by not staring at the ball.

I am not a natural Eye On The BallER.

I trust Brian but I always experiment. I am gonna again give it an honest shot. It is going on "The List."

Sight? You need sight to make precise contact? Maybe on a weird slope or something but I assure you great ball strikers could hit the ball just as well with their eyes closed on an even lie. I'm sorry but saying that hackers look up fast to see where the ball is going is a very amateur response.
Two things.

1. How many great ball strickers are there?

2. I did not know that personal attacks are allowed in this forum. Prefacing it with "sorry" doesn't get it.

Thanks,
p

Hi p,

Look at the ball, or pick a point on the back of the ball you want to hit. Then just make your swing. Don't try to look at the ball for the whole swing.

Two things.

1. How many great ball strickers are there?

2. I did not know that personal attacks are allowed in this forum. Prefacing it with "sorry" doesn't get it.

Whoops. Sorry James. I was not trying to make it a personal attack on you.

My post was rude. Sorry man. Didn't mean it like that.

Hi p,

Look at the ball, or pick a point on the back of the ball you want to hit. Then just make your swing. Don't try to look at the ball for the whole swing.

Hi tongzilla,
Thanks for your help...I was wondering if you could further explain, "don't try to look at the ball for the whole swing"? What are the parts of the swing I should look at it and what parts shouldn't I look at it?

Thanks,
p

Hi p,

and one person actually read what this guy was asking, and gave a good response....

Liked your response tong, very easy to understand, wish everyone else would stop bickering...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.