Keeping Back to the Target and Hitting Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I started hitting the ball out to the right. It started as I began to focus on keeping my back to the target on the downswing, which seems to cause me to hit severely from the inside. Is this a pivot failure issue?

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I would think that would be a clubface issue.

Is there any curve?

Keeping your back to the target and still creating a lot of axis tilt could cause this as well. Try keeping the left shoulder as low as possible for as long as possible.

I am not sure what you mean here? I understand the part of the back that I am to keep pointing to the target is the area between the scapulae, right below the base of my neck. It sounds like this is more complex than I thought!

S

SteveT

If you really want to get good at keeping your back to the target, try this drill. Tee the ball up between your legs and hit it between your legs while keeping your back to the target... but be carefullll. :eek:

I am not sure what you mean here? I understand the part of the back that I am to keep pointing to the target is the area between the scapulae, right below the base of my neck. It sounds like this is more complex than I thought!

Think lower.

rprevost,

My experience with overdoing the back to the target led me to an easy control of sorts , to limit the initial back rotation, to control the outcome. Instead of a full 90 degree shoulder turn, 45 degrees seems to work for me. It is fairly easy to experiment with and has not affected my clubhead speed.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.