Kevin Na makes 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin Na makes 16 (edit - they said 15 at first). Highest score for a long good while on the PGA Tour. How'd he make 16? He holed a four-footer to avoid making 17. Putting is so key.

Key quote:

Na: 'I dunno. How're we gonna count all the shots?'

Caddy (resignedly): 'Video.....'

Anyone want to comment on his angry hacking from the trees technique (poor IMO).

PGATOUR.COM - The TOUR Report

Last edited:
I just watched the replay coverage on Golf Channel. The main thing that stood out to me is that, unless I missed something, he didn't let any expletives slip out. I would have been saying some of the most horrible, non-socially acceptable things ever to come out of anyone's mouth. I know he was mic'd up, and knew that, but I think I would have given the producers something to censor nonetheless.

Wow.

He still shot 80!!! Not bad after being +14 on one hole (assuming a par 4). I once had a 1 and a 10 on the same card. I was young and stupid at the time and actually blamed my father who wasn't even playing with me. Sorry dad! I'm sure my kids will pull this stunt with me given how much pain we feel when something bad happens to us. We're really emotional beings that try to justify our actions logically. Nothing like golf to play with our emotions.

What has this impostor done with the Kevin Na who had a huge tantrum when he missed a shot off the tee at the Tour Championship in September last year?

(He handled the 16 brilliantly).

His caddy should have calmed him down while he was hacking in the trees (Na`s decision making wasn`t good but he controlled himself well though)

I feel bad for him. Once he took his first whack in the brush, he had no option to re-tee or take a drop. He was simply stuck in there.

Graeme McDowell tweeted last night that the PGA should consider a 1- or 2-stroke penalty option (+ distance) to go and re-tee in a situation like that. Just hit the reset button on a hole. I'm not sure if that's such a bad idea in circumstances such as this one. It'll happen again as desert and "waste area" prevalent courses continue to increase in numbers.

His caddy should have calmed him down while he was hacking in the trees (Na`s decision making wasn`t good but he controlled himself well though)

That video cuts out some of the dialogue between Na and his caddie. The caddie was doing his best to slow Na down, but Na wanted no part of it.

I feel bad for him. Once he took his first whack in the brush, he had no option to re-tee or take a drop. He was simply stuck in there.

Graeme McDowell tweeted last night that the PGA should consider a 1- or 2-stroke penalty option (+ distance) to go and re-tee in a situation like that. Just hit the reset button on a hole. I'm not sure if that's such a bad idea in circumstances such as this one. It'll happen again as desert and "waste area" prevalent courses continue to increase in numbers.

True that.

Status
Not open for further replies.