Kevin Na, nice whiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to the video, do you guys think he tried to hit the ball or not?

second question, if you were a rules official do you penalize him for this?

very very grey area. I would hope 'these guys are good' enough not to miss the whole egg, but the commentators did also say they saw him cold top at least one on the range that morning.

Unexpected Moment - YouTube

To my eye, he's clearly swinging away from the ball. He starts out making a real swing, but somewhere in transition he bails out and swings a foot over the ball. He may have topped one at the range, pros do that from time to time. I saw Jason Day top a driver at the Masters. I don't think they miss the ball that far, however, unless they want to. Check his swing speed, too....he's about half speed by the time he gets even with the ball.

You really think he whiffed it? Seek help.

If you address the ball, swing and do not hit it, that is a whiff. If you don't think he whiffed the ball, you might need help..... I did not comment on whether or not I thought he intended to hit it or whiff it btw.

Tommy Gainey saw it and thought he swung with the intent to hit it, for what it's worth.

Just to clarify. I'm calling the gust of air he sent to the ball a whiff. By definition imo, if that ball got a cool breeze, he whiffed it. I personally don't think he intended to hit the ball once he finished his transition. I just found it surprising that Gainey and the announcers came down on the side of penalizing him for it, perhaps because of who did it. The commentators went over many of his poor decisions/shots under pressure and of course the 16 he had earlier in the year.

hp12c

New
Here is the link to the video, do you guys think he tried to hit the ball or not?

second question, if you were a rules official do you penalize him for this?

very very grey area. I would hope 'these guys are good' enough not to miss the whole egg, but the commentators did also say they saw him cold top at least one on the range that morning.

Unexpected Moment - YouTube

Oh my, he did swing at and over the ball, I would say he was going to strike the ball but he changed is mind somewhere and didnt stop his swing as to not hurt himself, so he swung over the ball.

Anyone see the enthusiastic congratulations from his playing partners on 18?

Dude's a player, but he's also a wack job. Top 5 players on Tour no one wants paired with.

I think the bigger issue is going unnoticed... The slowest player on the planet just added another move to his pre-shot calendar. He should be fined for that.

He's also one missed Great Clips appointment away from a full on mullet. Another fine.

Last edited:
Not a whiff, however, Victor Cruz clearly fumbled yesterday and didn't go down!

Crazy sports weekend, especially in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.