Kuchar

Status
Not open for further replies.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMjQU2Xo62I&feature=related[/media]

Amazing he can play so well and hit it long enough with this swing.

Hip turn, (very little slide) ensuring that the arms and club do not drop under; great vertical left arm on the downswing and right forearm on shaft plane at impact. I really like this swing. Last parallel position reminds me of Garcia...

Swing speed is swing speed - doesn't matter if you're tall or not. Same goes for running fast or jumping high. One's height does not determine one's natural skill set. But coming form a tall player, it just doesn't look right for a big guy to not be a big hitter. :rolleyes:

However, I do think it is more difficult for a tall guy to become or thought of as an accurate hitter.

Kuchar's brain coach also deserves a ton of credit for his contribution to the coffers. Kuch, Camilo, Rose, Appleby, and Slocum have had a pretty good 12 months.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Mike is a big hitter, I have seen it in person and a big guy and he and I have talked about how Kuchar seemingly polishes it for a guy his size

The added leverage along with tour quality co-ordination should have him hitting it more than 275.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Not swinging left but looks more like the 11 degree in to out.
The ball appeared to be going dead straight on this swing.

If his face was zeroed out with his path and he was aimed correctly....yep, perfectly straight

You're not trying to slip in a little swing out to right field and the ball will go dead straight now are you???? Do we need to have that debate again....

If his face was zeroed out with his path and he was aimed correctly....yep, perfectly straight

You're not trying to slip in a little swing out to right field and the ball will go dead straight now are you???? Do we need to have that debate again....

Certainly different than this swing shot on the same hole.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxPSEhJ0dvw&feature=related[/media]

Club is parallel to a straight base line and the club is outside the hands. What resembles the 11 degree in/out swing?

His swing appears to ride an inclined plane on the downswing - follow through - I am guessing roughly 11 degrees. He is definitely hitting down yet the ball is going straight. How would the D plane explain this contact since it does not appear he lines up left or swing left???

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I honestly dont know what you're looking at but the club goes immediately left after impact. How do you come up with 11 degrees...roughly?? That to me looks like a very straight baseline and a totally neutral swing. Also, bad camera angle.

We also dont have a clue how this ball flew after it left our view.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
mb, I really don't see what your getting at...how do you know where he was aimed...

Every swing rides an inclined plane down through follow through....what was his face doing?

What's interesting is that Matt Kuchar himself said, in his post round interview, that his swing is actually more upright than it was before his swing changes. He said his swing changes had to do with a set-up change and a steeper shoulder turn, but trying to have his hands in the same place at the top of the backswing--or something to that effect. So, his swing looks flat, but to him it isn't.

mb, I really don't see what your getting at...how do you know where he was aimed...

Every swing rides an inclined plane down through follow through....what was his face doing?

Trying to figure out if he closes the club a bit through impact - I think the shot was pretty straight as the other videos of the same hole show the flag on the right of the green.

Kuchar's hips seem to finish turning open really early in the BS.

I don't get how the hell he swings like that but he has a nice downswing...he seems to hit it good...that is something.

Looks like it must be a full roll to me. (I think it can be done even finishing with a bent left wrist)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.