lagging sweetspot revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding previous discussions of lagging the sweetspot/lagging the hosel, is there any significant difference when a driver or fairway wood is used, since the center of gravity is further back from the clubface and hosel? Would the face need to be turned more "closed" than an iron?

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Yup...that's one reason why it's so much easier to hit irons straigher than woods and also why if you use the twistaway you have to "twist more" with the longer lower lofted clubs.

Hosel vs Sweetspot

Along a similar line: If you get the sweet spot directly behind the hosel, then you’re lagging the hosel. Is one to assume they would be on plane when this happens since they are lined up? On the same plane? Does this produce a much lighter pp#3 load than dragging a wet mop?

Seems when I ‘twist’ a little, it moves the sweet spot out from behind the hosel and closed. This produces a much heavier dragging the mop feeling. Is this a correct observation?

So the conclusion would be that unless you have a ‘heavy load’ you are dragging the hosel and not the sweet spot?????

Cliff

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
not really sure of the question, but i think what you're describing is the feeling one has when the clubface is too open, "square", or too closed.

It all produces different sensations.

Jim, thanks for taking a shot at this.

If the pp#3 sensation varies, as you've stated, and we should be striving to 'drag a wet mop', then the sensation would be to have the heaviest feeling. Which alignment of the sweet spot vis a vis the shaft produces the heaviest feeling? Of course I am assuming manipulation of the sweet spot is related to this issue.

Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.