Lake Presidential Tour Stop Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik_K

New
Great school!

We had Brian Manzella, Phil Rosenbaum, Damon Lucas, and Tom Losinger teaching us. Two Trackman machines were set up to record data and on top of that we had access to the MATT system for 3D imaging and even more data (usually biomechanic information) recording and analysis.

Brian's teaching methods continue to evolve. I've attended around 4-5 of these clinics/schools and I can tell you that the addition of Trackman (and now the MATT system) is giving him some amazing insights into every swing you make. What is comforting, however, is that Brian continues to use his wonderful examples, analogies, drills, and images to help the student get better. In other words, the new technology and scientific findings haven't made Brian overly clinical with respect to teaching.

Day 1: The use of three stations - Brian using Trackman for teaching purposes, Tom/Phil using Trackman for data recording and Damon using the MATT system for teaching and 3D capture of the swings.

Day 2: Repeat of the above and also a mid sole pitch demonstration. Golf was played in the afternoon (Phil can flat out Bomb the ball). Admittedly I never play well at Lake Presidential, BUT this was the best outing ever for me there. No doubt the new swing thoughts and drills had an almost immediate effect on my swing.

This was my first time meeting Phil and Tom - those of you in the Baltimore and Atlanta areas should feel fortunate. Both are very talented teachers!

At the end of the session, Damon handed out DVDs with MATT videos and we also had printouts displaying our Trackman numbers - great stuff!

Erik

P.S. Phil won the '9 iron challenge'

Erik_K

New
One of the things I like about the MATT system is how you can get measurements of various things such as hip turn, toe line angle, etc and compare to Tour players. I don't think the idea is make you swing like the Models in the machine, but it's nice to make comparisons. You can also look at the kinematic sequence and examine how the weight is shifting in the swing.

I need to remember to post the pictures I took.

Erik

The Italian Stallion Strikes Again!

Attendee Report:

Yesterday, Jeff shot 32-38 for a 70 @ his home course, threedays after attending the Lake Presidentilal Tour Stop. I was en route from Malvern, PA when he called my cell.

Jeff asked me to thank Bmanz, Damon, PhilyDog and Tom.

THANKS!, to the best in da' business

Rick

My 'Bois' R. o. C. K. s.h.o.t. 73 the next day, Sunday. Stallion gave him some biddness. I took him to the shed. 'Nough said.

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I'll see you Louie, and I'll raise you a PAIR.....

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pNhnioNNIPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.