laser light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out and got a little red laser pointer and attached it to the end of my 5 iron..

Just making practice swings on my target line and on my backswing the red light is pointing well outside the target line..
Is that not good? In order for my backswing to be on plane i have to swing very upright which is uncomfortable ..

Any thoughts on all of this ?

A plane of any vertical angle can possess the required horizontal angle...................thank goodness, since our clubs are all different lengths.

dbl

New
Hand path is not very vertical. Not sure why you lose you posture in downswing, but that must be a reaction to something else. Playing Sherlock.. it might be because you'd otherwise bury the clubhead in the ground before ball, but just a guess. Also, hips are square at impact, so maybe you've got no room for the arms.

Just making practice swings on my target line and on my backswing the red light is pointing well outside the target line..
Is that not good? In order for my backswing to be on plane i have to swing very upright which is uncomfortable ..

Any thoughts on all of this ?

Solid swing. You should be more worried about the face though IMO. Watch how Fowler controls the clubface here.

[HD SLOW] Rickie Fowler - 2011, wood swing, tee shot(2) - YouTube

Change your handpath, start releasing the club sooner, longer, and just as hard if not harder and you won't have to early-extend to take out the excessive slack. You should guard against getting jack-knifed at any time.

the clubhead get too close to your body too soon in the downswing. use your right hand to make the clubhead travel wider on the downswing and begin squaring up the face a little sooner.

dbl

New
Here are some Downswing images from the vid:

R428s.jpg

WOr1F.jpg

9GJjQ.jpg

Omnfu.jpg

Last edited:
Think i may have fixed my early extension by adding more knee flex at setup.. I have some chicken legs and maybe they needed more leverage with the ground to support me.. Hitting some practice balls in the back yard .. Will try the range tomorrow and post back..

To help more with the early extension search "bumpy back", but pay special attention to the left side hip and its role in starting the lower body rotation where the right side is just pulled through and around--not active until late in the downswing. It looks to me like you are trying to turn the lower body using the right side only.

Here is me from last night hitting a 3 iron.. Any chance that my early extension is caused by my hips over rotating on the backswing?
When i start the downswing it looks as if my right hip doesnt get square until the club is at the ball.. Im really clueless and not sure if my problem can even be fixed due to a car wreck a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.