Late night grip musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since a player's hands are going to be pulling inwards on the grip/shaft, perpendicular to the club head's 3D Path, at impact (referring to the concepts from the "new release"), should that not be a major consideration in considering how to put one's hands on the club?

In other words, if I take my grip with the only goal being to get my hands into a position that they'll be most comfortable and effective at that pulling motion (keeping in mind the direction that I'll be pulling in), will I not end up with a fairly good grip?

Anybody picking up what I'm putting down?

Dariusz J.

Since a player's hands are going to be pulling inwards on the grip/shaft, perpendicular to the club head's 3D Path, at impact (referring to the concepts from the "new release"), should that not be a major consideration in considering how to put one's hands on the club?

I have my theory on this that the orientation of motion should correspond to the desired path. Rear wrist dorsi flexes, therefore, the orientation of dorsal flexion movement should be as close to the club path as possible so that compensations are not required.
This is one of the most important reasons why rear hand should be in a weaker position than lead one and placed on top of the grip.

Cheers

I see what you're saying, but I, as a player (not teacher), was just trying to consider the forces and their direction - and letting the positions and body movements take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.