Late speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing some inner thinking and toying around with things and discovered I am capable of plenty of speed, but am simply applying this speed too far past the golf ball on my not so good swings. If I point my radar well past my ball position, it easily goes up another 10-20 mph with driver. Anyone else have or had this problem? For me to get it where it needs to be I feel like I have to almost start ramping up the speed and cranking that grip right from the top so the speed is dissipating just after I strike the ball. So strange. Maybe this is what Nicklaus meant when he said he tries to give it a rip from the top.

My release seems to be too late. Is that what this possibly means?

Last edited:
Jeff. Hi. I know how to use it for ball speed. This is just swinging in my backyard without a ball. But thanks for your concern. God bless you.

I should hope my ball speed is a bit faster than 10-20 mph over my driver head.

Last edited:
I should also add one of my buddies who completes in Long Drive let me bum his old gamer i15 with a Voodoo Protopype X-flex 80 gram shaft (XPP8). He told me I'd nut all over that ball if I could get that shaft to kick. I told him it might be a bit beefy for me, but I'd try it anyway. I hit some of the best drives in my life with the same thought of giving it a rip from the top.

It may work that way for some. Unfortunately I have had the dump too early swing since I started due to clubface issues. Lately, having slack in the arms at transition and start down has helped. Then it becomes a get the hands moving on a good handpath and pivot swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.