Lateral movement downswing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJO

New
Hello everyone/Brian, am sliding a bit in my downswing and wondered about other people's feels with regards to lateral movement coming down. Brian, what is your stand on this? I kind of lean on it a bit which probably causes some compensations. I liked the way Brian started down on that 3 wood posted the other day.

SJO

New
What do you mean lean on it a bit?

I mean I don't just slide with my hips but my whole body goes towards the target for a split second as I start down, I just wondered about other people's sensations starting down as I thought that might help me.

SJO,

It basically means you are moving your swing center on the downswing.....not so bad if you have moved it the same amount (the other way) on the backswing and are just catching up, but it would probably be a problem if you hadn't, as it is moving your swing center forward. I imagine your bad shot would be a high push/fade, or nasty pull if the blade is closed...

My own feeling is of the lower body moving towards the target, while the swing center stays stable...

SJO

New
That makes sense puttmad, I almost just need to keep my head/spine more passive as I start down instead of trying to kill it.
You are right about the misses.

That makes sense puttmad, I almost just need to keep my head/spine more passive as I start down instead of trying to kill it.
You are right about the misses.

SJO, Don't simply focus on your head/spine, as that is not quite precise enough..

Feel round the back of you neck and touch the big lumpy bone that sticks out at the top of your backbone...

That is basically your swing center, just try and keep that bone stable (in space).....your head can rock from side to side, that's OK, just (for now) keep that bone stable...

SJO, Don't simply focus on your head/spine, as that is not quite precise enough..

Feel round the back of you neck and touch the big lumpy bone that sticks out at the top of your backbone...

That is basically your swing center, just try and keep that bone stable (in space).....your head can rock from side to side, that's OK, just (for now) keep that bone stable...

Not bad.

(really)

SJO

New
Ok. Thanks for your help chaps. Swing feels much simpler and I should get closer to the Tour Strike that Brian was talking about (not much downward but with shaft lean) if I am not so far ahead of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.