LCT and clubface control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

Question for those of you using any variation of a LCT. I've noticed that I end up playing with a clubface that is less open (aka facing more skyward ;) ) at the top. As a result, it's mostly fades and block fades as misses for me.

It's an interesting juxtaposition - hit it where I'm looking w/ a fade and sacrifice the ability to work the ball, or grind more back towards orthodox.

It's just such a [censored] trying to hit a fade in the wind - just doesn't get the J.O.B done.

I can relate to the block fades but not sure about the fades. For me, block fades or as I call them push fades came with hooks for me. Too much in to out. Could using LCT possibly result in you dragging the handle a bit and leaving the face open? Too much FATS?

Just a thought, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm way off. Good luck

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Eventually you'll want to make it a lagging "power package" takeaway. You'll gain control of the club earlier and the head wont lag as much but you'll get all the benefits of an LCT.

So is this to say the pivot leads and then the arms/hands are "whipped" towards a completion of the backswing? (by the rotating body)

Status
Not open for further replies.