Leaving putts short

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his aggressive nature is up to the person, but I do think it prevents the ball from wobbling off line a bit better.

I agree on there being different types of people...

Obviously you want optimum as far as GOLF strategy, mechanics, etc. (behavioural tendencies aside) go but to me I think individual tendencies should be understood as well.

Two golfers of similar handicap, with putting strokes that are basically the same:

One darts around, is very assertive, more dominant, talks fast and perhaps bluntly, is more on task, less patient, bottom-line/goal oriented, "wants it in the hole" (bottom line), etc. etc.

The other is easygoing, more rhythmic and smooth, more patient and careful, not in a rush, does things slower and more deliberately, perhaps is more into safety and being comfortable/consistent/steady, just wants to "make a good stroke and ease it down there", etc. etc.

I know who I am picking to be a little heavy handed...and who is apt to feather it a little...

But those would just be tendencies.

Like I said, regardless of who I am...I am still trying to optomize. Part of that probably should be an understanding of self though.

Last edited:
It is whatever it is!, baby. :)

Really though...this has got to be the most freaking fickle game going. I'm not sure other sports are as "sensitive" as golf is.

It can drive you nuts obviously...ya gotta be fascinated by it too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.