left arm straight way after impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Hey guys I have this issue with my left arm, well I have other issue too, but right now its my left arm bending after impact. From watching pros swing on you tube their left arm is straight at impact and waaaayy after impact, seem like it remains straight untill the hands are about head high. Is there a drill of execrise to get that arm to do that when Im spanking some balls, god knows I have been trying to no avail.

I would bet your upper body is moving forward to much and not enough back arching. Look again at those videos and notice how much their spines are tilted away from the target right after impact.

leon

New
Hey guys I have this issue with my left arm, well I have other issue too, but right now its my left arm bending after impact. From watching pros swing on you tube their left arm is straight at impact and waaaayy after impact, seem like it remains straight untill the hands are about head high. Is there a drill of execrise to get that arm to do that when Im spanking some balls, god knows I have been trying to no avail.

What, like Westwood, Sadlowski and the Goose? I wouldn't worry about it, much less work directly on trying to fix it. If its a proper chicken wing then you've likely got other problems earlier on you should focus on. You could do a lot worse than work on going normal. This should stretch out your left arm at and through impact (unless you can pull hard enough to overcome the club inertia) and give you some of that back extension that Matt F. mentioned.

I can't think of one good reason why you would intentionally keep your lead arm straight post impact. But hey, that's just me.

hp12c

New
What, like Westwood, Sadlowski and the Goose? I wouldn't worry about it, much less work directly on trying to fix it. If its a proper chicken wing then you've likely got other problems earlier on you should focus on. You could do a lot worse than work on going normal. This should stretch out your left arm at and through impact (unless you can pull hard enough to overcome the club inertia) and give you some of that back extension that Matt F. mentioned.

check my video and tell me what you see good and bad.

My take: Shoulders too flat going back necessitating an upper body dive to 'resteepen' them on the downswing. Problems all stemming from there.
The instructors on this site are all phenomenal and their advice will be huge to you...Good luck

hp12c

New
My take: Shoulders too flat going back necessitating an upper body dive to 'resteepen' them on the downswing. Problems all stemming from there.
The instructors on this site are all phenomenal and their advice will be huge to you...Good luck

Cool, thanks.

I found replacing the left arm helps to keep the body from diving forward. Another feel is to bring the left arm straight down. Especially effective on longer clubs. Also keeps the hands "under the table".

See MJ's videos. Transformational.

Looks like your spine is moving laterally all over God's creation, probably reaching out to get it, too.

But the move is very dynamic. You're one of the rare ones that are 1 lesson away from 5 strokes off your handicap, easy.

It's mostly in your set up and a few tweaks, but hard to say without seeing what a better set up does to your motion.

footwedge

I think you are trying to hurt the ball, it all stems from some kind of violence buried inside of you...lol.
Just kidding, I think like Oliver1 said and Savydan those are the main issues, also noticed you regrip the club on the take away with your lead hand, it looks like you have tweety nicely resting in there and just as you take it back tweety is crushed:D, might be your trigger to start, you probably don't even know you do it.

Anyways I think your doing alright, your smacking it pretty good and it's pretty ingrained by now, your on auto pilot from the looks of it.
Good luck and remember it's a video we are commenting on...so, take it with a grain of salt.:)

hp12c

New
Looks like your spine is moving laterally all over God's creation, probably reaching out to get it, too.

But the move is very dynamic. You're one of the rare ones that are 1 lesson away from 5 strokes off your handicap, easy.

It's mostly in your set up and a few tweaks, but hard to say without seeing what a better set up does to your motion.

Yeah I move off the ball, I took a lesson recently worked on what we talked aboutt and got worse. Im noe working back to my old swing.

hp12c

New
I think you are trying to hurt the ball, it all stems from some kind of violence buried inside of you...lol.
Just kidding, I think like Oliver1 said and Savydan those are the main issues, also noticed you regrip the club on the take away with your lead hand, it looks like you have tweety nicely resting in there and just as you take it back tweety is crushed:D, might be your trigger to start, you probably don't even know you do it.

Anyways I think your doing alright, your smacking it pretty good and it's pretty ingrained by now, your on auto pilot from the looks of it.
Good luck and remember it's a video we are commenting on...so, take it with a grain of salt.:)

Yea that little ball is toast, I didnt even notice that regrip untill u mentioned it. Ive tried to not swing soo flat and can do it but the ball flight is uuugly and to the right and keeps going right yuk!

hp12c

New
I found replacing the left arm helps to keep the body from diving forward. Another feel is to bring the left arm straight down. Especially effective on longer clubs. Also keeps the hands "under the table".

See MJ's videos. Transformational.

Ive seen his videos and to tell u the truth I dont get them, table top and replace the arm, I dont understand. Im not real dumb but I dont see how to put onto my swing.

hp12c

New
The last time I was really spanking the ball the best was after a few weeks after watchin NSA vid, then I started trying other stuff and here I am. Time to go back to NSA and stay there!

Status
Not open for further replies.