Left hand heel

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDL

New
I've always had trouble preventing the heel of the left hand from slipping off the grip on the downswing. I feel firm pressure from the heel at address, but the pressure disappears during the left wrist cock, and I don't reaquire the pressure on the downswing. This occurs with any type of grip, weak, neutral, strong.

The grip slips slightly, perhaps only a quarter or half inch. I suspect that my partially diassembled left forearm flying wedge could be one of the causes of an offplane, high, hacker's hands, and loss of lag pressure.

Unfortunately, even with an extremely tight , vice-like left hand grip pressure, I lose some the pressure with the wrist cock. I can reaquire most of it during the downswing, but I feel discomfort and strain in my left wrist.

How do I prevent the slippage? Tape? DIfferent grip width? SOL?

Thanks

Brian,

Is wrist cock over rated? I seem to have very little left wrist cock during the backswing...or it certainly feels that way.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
It feels that way because you aren't cocking the right wrist. So many people think by cocking both wrists they are getting more. Just let the folding of the right elbow do it for you. It may not feel like a lot, but it's there

Status
Not open for further replies.