Left wrist action for swinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
For swinger: concentrate on wrist action rather than hand action.

Not too sure what it means and if doing it right.

From release to followthrough can feel the swivel action (which I think is hand action), uncocking action (wrist action) and rolling action (transfering power). Why emphasize on wrist action as hand action is involved. Does it imply something from the top to the release point? The right wrist is always bent but I am using the #3: feel like at from release to impact, #3 pushing the left hand to roll to hit the aft of the ball.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by ryantiff

For swinger: concentrate on wrist action rather than hand action.

Not too sure what it means and if doing it right.

From release to followthrough can feel the swivel action (which I think is hand action), uncocking action (wrist action) and rolling action (transfering power). Why emphasize on wrist action as hand action is involved. Does it imply something from the top to the release point? The right wrist is always bent but I am using the #3: feel like at from release to impact, #3 pushing the left hand to roll to hit the aft of the ball.

Not sure of your question, but I'll try. The left hand, left wrist and #3 Pressure Point have 3 separate functions.

Left hand action is clubface control = transfer power of #3 accumulator, rhythm and hinge action.

Left wrist cocking and uncocking is clubhead control = up and down movement of clubhead

#3 Pressure Point is clubshaft control = Clubhead Lag

So, both hand and wrist action is important to the Swinger.

Thanks, Rwh.

That's what I thought, you have both hand action and wrist action for different function. Then, what does 4-D-0 really means? The hitters concentrates on hand motion, while the swinger concentrates on wrist motion.

rwh

New
quote:Originally posted by ryantiff

Thanks, Rwh.

That's what I thought, you have both hand action and wrist action for different function. Then, what does 4-D-0 really means? The hitters concentrates on hand motion, while the swinger concentrates on wrist motion.

I think the statement is referring to clubface control. The Hands control clubface alignment. The true Swinger doesn't worry about clubface alignment because he relies on centrifugal force to do that for him. The Hitter doesn't have centrifugal force to align the clubface; therefore, the Hitter depends on his correct Hand Motion for clubface control.

ryantiff,

In a swinging procedure, you shouldn't be pushing with #3PP, only sensing lag with it. Pushing with #3PP is solely a hitting procedure, and will stifle centrifugal force.

Thanks, Joe. I still experiencing the first move down. Is using the right shoulder (right shoulder thurst?) and pulling from #2 and #3 the correct move? If I do not use my right shoulder down first intentionally, and I want to direct #3 to aft of the ball, I feel I am using more pulling from #3 and the right forearm, and I don't feel using much #2 and #4. Should I practice using the right shoulder coming down first?

ryantiff,

These are good questions and some choices have to be made. Using the turned shoulder plane and driving the right shoulder down on plane is the preference of many, including, I believe, Brian. However, once, when asked what to pull with in a swinging procedure, Homer replied, "I don't care how you pull, just pull". You can pull with the right side(#3PP), or with the left(#4 & #2), or with all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.