Lexi Thompspn and DiveChipPutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbl

New
So a lot of ~interesting swings this weekend.

Lexi would hit irons hard and the face barely turn over. Judy Rankin called it a hold off move. OR the clubhead would get stuck in the ground.

Comment?
Here are a couple of LT swings, with a hold off iron in the middle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10lx1mFw1eY
and one with just an iron, two speeds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PuF8duUo1A

Slow mo Driver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE_4xmhAQY

She and Wie also hit many shots low low low.

At the DCP, a lot of varied and good swings
Check out this 12 year old
Overcoming the odds: Meet Nels Surtani | Golf Channel

Check out the swings from 1:20 - 1:40
Comments?

Last edited:

dbl

New
Here's some of the hold on for LT

483112615-lexi-thompson-hits-her-tee-shot-on-the-gettyimages.jpg

Lexi Thompson hits her tee shot on the eighth hole during the final... News Photo 483112615 | Getty Images

482982243-lexi-thompson-of-the-usa-plays-her-third-gettyimages.jpg

Lexi Thompson of the USA plays her third shot at the par 5 18th hole... News Photo 482982243 | Getty Images

For her Driver, she cranks the wrists over

482981495-lexi-thompson-hits-her-tee-shot-on-the-16th-gettyimages.jpg

Lexi Thompson hits her tee shot on the 16th hole during the third... News Photo 482981495 | Getty Images

It was pretty wild. Her clubhead was just getting plain stuck in the dirt on some iron shots. Divot was going further than the follow-thru.

hp12c

New
She took some large divots with her irons I dont think her irons have enough bounce on them.:cool: Doea anyine have any trackman numbers on her? interesting to check out what they are.

dbl

New
It was pretty wild. Her clubhead was just getting plain stuck in the dirt on some iron shots. Divot was going further than the follow-thru.

Yes stuck quite often. I also saw some wedge shots where (if not stuck in ground) had the face facing they sky in the follow through.

Last edited:

hp12c

New
Nice find HP, amazing consistency.

Did you notice when the guy said Lexis average driver distance was the same as the number 1 mens player Luke Donald. Nothing againts Luke, heck he was the numero 1 and won the money titles on the PGA and Euro tour.

hp12c

New
looking around the net I came across this .

Lexi Thompson Trackman numbers from this past weekend, 4 iron,
92mph, AOA -6, carry 195 yds, SL 17, path +2.5,swing direction -1.1, face 0.3

Is it just my eyes or do a lot of her swings look like her back torques unnaturally when she hits some of those hold off irons? It makes my back hurt just watching.

One of my buddies has won tournaments just punching his irons around the course when he wasn't feeling like he could control it hitting it up in the air. Lexi has kind of always done this move though, at least from the footage I've seen.

She looks like she stays bent forward for a little longer than is necessary, almost on her way to an "old man finish." I would wager if she didn't do that hold off move she would hit some nasty low lefts. Look how far out to the right it looks like she has to swing her arms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.