Lie Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow on the ground and below freezing temps created cabin fever which I relieved somewhat with some e-Bay activity.

Thanks to a couple of posts praising Titleist 735 CM's I began to investigate these irons. I currently play Titleist 695 CB's 1/2 over, 3 degrees up and have played 2 up seemingly forever. I was tempted by the muscle back 8 - PW.

So I bought a very nice, little played set or 735's basically Titleist standard length, lie, loft, with DG S300 shafts. $215.00 + 20 bucks freight. It got up to 53 yesterday so I wandered to the practice area in search of some snow free grass. Here is the topic.

I only hit the PW and 8 iron, but went back and forth between the 735 std lie. and the 695 3 up lie. The slightly surprising aspect is that the divots were flat with both models. Ball flight did tend to be more occasionally left with the upright lies. By comparision, the uprights started to feel too upright. I always thought that on a lie board I would be able to alter my swing to make the ball go straight. This limited comparison test, around 100 balls, seems to shore up my thinking.

I also continue to wonder why anyone bothers to pay retail for golf clubs.
These prices are stupid cheap. I thought about pulling the Project X shafts from the 695's, and sticking them in the 735's, but why bother. I have a stealth bid on another set of 735's in nice shape with the Project X's. Cheaper to buy the other set and e-bay the remaining two sets.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
personally i never really buy anything full retail....i refuse to buy a brand new car, any video games, almost ALL electronics except big TV's (unless it comes with previous owners warranty), etc etc.

Paying full price is for sucka's! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.