Live from European Teaching Confrence Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Day was just another dog and pony show.
There really wasnt much to say about it except these main points-

Fanny Sunesson spoke about tactics and course statergy etc, this was good but she really didnt say anything much about the great players that she was caddying for. Her yardage books were the best I have ever seen so comprehensive and detailed which gives me the impression that a good caddying is worth more to a player than meets the eye.

Thank god she did not talk about swing mechanics because as was found out later on all she knows is Leadbetter stuff early set etc.

Beverly Lewis spoke about teaching women how to play golf.
This was all about the art of the ´warm bath´ golf lesson no teching technique just all these teaching tips and atedotes like Harvey Penick stuff. Brian would done better with women in his teaching golf in the real world post last month.
She was a lot better than that stupid ignorant Suzy Whalley that presented at the 04 Florida summit[I would be interested to get Brian or anyones opinion on Suzy Whalley]

Dr Frank Thomas was most disappointing and he should know a lot better! He gave us zero technical information and just told stories and made jokes about technology and how it is having an effect on the game. He final conclusion after all the story time was that we should not ban the illegal clubs just because the pros hit them further the amateur golfer[leekage throaway] needs all the help they can get to enjoy the game. One more point for someone who is supposed to do all that research he is totally ignorant about clubfiiting and says it only helps the 5 handicap and below. Such a comment is to dumb to even acknowledge and is based on his opinion not any fact at all.

HE SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO TREAT 1000 GOLF PROS LIKE FOOLS

quote:Originally posted by FOUR BARRELS AUSTRALIAN

I don't know what the golf world sees in this guy. Every time he is on the golf channel for a "Frankly Golf" segment, he gives a "nothing" answer. Nothing profound. Nothing that even sounds knowledgeable. It's like he is trying to dumb down everything for the "sake of the viewer", like we couldn't possibly begin to understand him if he gave us a "real" answer. He's a joke.

Can someone please tell me if I made the right decision, I could have gone to the European Teaching Conference or i could have gone to do my GSEBlevel1 class in Oregon, I chose to do my GSEB class, anyone reading the threads from Four Barrels, think I made the wrong decision?

Burner

New
quote:Originally posted by Ian Clark

Can someone please tell me if I made the right decision, I could have gone to the European Teaching Conference or i could have gone to do my GSEBlevel1 class in Oregon, I chose to do my GSEB class, anyone reading the threads from Four Barrels, think I made the wrong decision?

Keee-rect;)

quote:Originally posted by vjcapron

I don't know what the golf world sees in this guy. He's a joke.

He invented the graphite shaft. Not bad for the old resume.

What do you get for that level one classifcation? Joe nevers answers my email. I made the mistake of saying a took a workshop or two with Lynn Blake.

Surprised he held a class.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
There seems to be a bigger split in TGM than ever before because of ego the head office cant accept the fact that non sanctioned G.OL.F. SCHOOLS get better results and reviews than the official stuff; cant we use Lynn, Brian and Sir Bentley Doyle Schaeffer, McHatton and co. to help listen to the ball when it says says to do do do it right!

quote:Originally posted by 6bee1dee

What do you get for that level one classifcation? Joe nevers answers my email. I made the mistake of saying a took a workshop or two with Lynn Blake.

Surprised he held a class.

There seems to be a bigger split in TGM than ever before because of ego the head office cant accept the fact that non sanctioned G.OL.F. SCHOOLS get better results and reviews than the official stuff; cant we use Lynn, Brian and Sir Bentley Doyle Schaeffer, McHatton and co. to help listen to the ball when it says says to do do do it right!

More jealousy than split. They is no grab for control. Joe owns the rights to the name, book and AI training. It is clear that he has done little with it and others have unofficially moved ahead because of their admiration of the material and Homer Kelley.

This is what I came away with at the Three G.O.L.F. Guys in Canton Workshop-

Lynn Blake is the driving force in G.O.L.F. today- bar none. Infected by G.O.L.F. His passion and enthusiasm infects us. Sally sold the book to Joe but Lynn got Homer.
Ben Doyle is the spiritual leader, the elder, the link to its roots. The Godfather of G.O.L.F. Master Po and we are ‘grasshopper.’
Brain Manzella is the best golf instructor in the country. He has the ability to diagnose a problem and convey its solution to any level golfer. “Why do you volunteer to teach golf instruction for free at an evening night school full of older ladies? For the experience of teaching in a large group.” Nobody can beat his passion and understanding of the golf stroke(s). His slogan should be “Have Imperatives Will Travel.”

All three are unselfish with their knowledge. They hold nothing back from anyone.

I wish Joe and the home office all the best but they should embrace the Blake/Manzella grass roots movement. Instead he ignores it. One would think a thousand+ TGM forum members across the three forums would be attractive.

6B1D,
I couldn't agree with you more. My desire to spend more time with Brian and to get out west to see Ben is a gazillion times greater than any inkling I have to sit in a class. It's too bad they can't get together, it would be great for G.O.L.F. and even better for golf.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Great post 6b1d, lets really stir up the pot and let head office know what the people think!!!!

A REVOLUTION, POWER TO THE PEOPLE, LETS OVERTHROW THE CURRENT G.O.L.F. GOVERNMENT REGIME:

A PEOPLES LIBERATION MOVEMENT.

WHAT ABOUT IT?

Take a bex and a lie down mate - and CAPS suck big time - you build the knowledge by understanding not bludgeoning - your components are out of whack!

Ahahahhaha....

I don't know enough about the whole deal to get involved...

But I don know that Lynn, Brian, Ben and co. are doing great things. If that isn't supported then I have to question why.

I wouldn't even know there was a "head office" or w/e if you didn't say so...

Status
Not open for further replies.