Look who is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdZ

New
What Knudson already knew, leadbetter is learning finally....

(sidenote - Zen Golf is worth a read if you haven't read it)

EdZ

New
quote:Originally posted by Triad

Interesting piece. I guess the big question is: Does 'getting quiet' before the takeaway allow you to be a better golfer, or does being a good golfer allow you the freedom to 'get quiet'?

Can ones mind be trained to acheive this 'quiet' condition?

An interesting question. I would say yes, you can train your mind to be quiet, although the concept of 'train' seems inherently contradictory in this case. At least for me, I find that mental images allow the 'quiet' condition. I don't 'think' I 'see' and react. Just like shooting a basketball.

quote:Originally posted by bcoak

Zen and the Art of Archery is very good too. Norman suggested it when he was in his heyday

Norman may have recommended that one. However he said he read "Zen in the Martial Arts" by Joe Hyman the way most people read the paper.

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by Ringer

MDLT tells me all the time to find one correct intention and do it as best as can be done.
This is "Cutting" as opposed to "Slashing" as mentioned in Miyamotos Musashi's Book of five rings. Mean it , Take dead aim all the same thing.

Agreed hue. I think the emphasis is on the "correct". That's where things can get fuzzy if you don't know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.