Looking to clear some brain fog............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the location of the sweetspot relative to the leading edge of the club have any influence on the clubface alignment numbers during the impact interval? I remember being told that the more lofted clubs have a quicker closing rate.........is that still true?

My second question is that why when "most" players hit a driver from "off the deck" the ball has a fade tendency?

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Drivers off the deck fade, imo, because most normal people would have to have a slight fade bias swing (down and left) to even hit that club off the ground.

Drivers off the deck fade, imo, because most normal people would have to have a slight fade bias swing (down and left) to even hit that club off the ground.

Thanks Kevin, I agree.....so if a player is quote un quote aligned "square to the target" the player most swing "over the top" in order to hit down if they are swinging to the left. Or the player needs to set up "open" when trying to play this shot in order to provide adequate spin loft to get the ball airborn? Am I even close to this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.