Loose hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

joep

New
When I finish my swing at the top my hands are loose and not a solid grip, Is that a grip issue or something else. When I do have a firmer grip I do hit it further. By loose I mean like my left hand comming off the handle......

When I finish my swing at the top my hands are loose and not a solid grip, Is that a grip issue or something else. When I do have a firmer grip I do hit it further. By loose I mean like my left hand comming off the handle......

I have the same issue.. I'd like to hear the answer to this myself!

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Often a player who lacks flexibility will try to get more swing by losing their grip. Should be an easy cure but often isn't.

ej20

New
A loose left hand grip usually occurs in the last 2 fingers of the left hand.Hogan said it's imperative that you don't lose control of the club with those fingers.I had the same problem for a period and the only way to fix it is to focus on firm pressure in those last two fingers.I don't get the club to parallel anymore but like Kevin said,loosing the pressure in those fingers can allow you to lengthen your swing a little more than you should go.

I had the same issue but with the right hand. Brian gave me a great drill where I would place a dollar bill between the hands when forming the grip. This really made me aware of keeping my grip during the swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.