Losing angle on the way down

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPG

New
I was working with video'ing my swing this afternoon. What I see is if I let my hands get fairly high on my backswing, I quickly "lose the angle" on the way down. If I shorten the backswing, I retain the angle much better on the way down, but I hit pushes instead of hitting it straight.... Any ideas?

I was working with video'ing my swing this afternoon. What I see is if I let my hands get fairly high on my backswing, I quickly "lose the angle" on the way down. If I shorten the backswing, I retain the angle much better on the way down, but I hit pushes instead of hitting it straight.... Any ideas?

Dunno if this is relevant to you tpg, but have you checked your grip pressure?

I had this a while back....my grip had gradually crept firmer, which prevents the natural full cock at the top, a loss of increased lag starting down and also preventing the wrists releasing on time thro the impact zone....

Try this exercise....swing the club using a light three-finger overlap...you can't overpower with the right hand grip, so all you have to check is that the left hand grip is not too tight ...this leads to "oily" wrists, which are desirable....

TPG

New
I will give this a try - my best ballstriking has come when my arms and wrists are "oily", the problem is the more I want them to be oily, the less they are - a little like the "dont think about the pink elephant" idea. Thanks.

Pivot better...or correctly I should say.

Status
Not open for further replies.