lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to hit nothing but a push draw and it slowly but shirly turned into a hook, and the last two years have tried to stop that. Which I have overly succeeded, I can't start the ball online or with a lil push and hit a draw. I can only start the ball a little left with straight to fade ball flight

I have been working on hitting a consistent straight ball and have found by doing this you can change the horizontal swing plane(or at least looking at ball flight) by varying the hand path in the takeaway and varying the finish position(mostly feel) of the hands.
I try to keep the clubface control(twistaway) the same:

For instance to hit a draw: set up should be right of the target, hands inside on the takeaway, finish with hands over left shoulder with club close to parallel to the ground.

To hit a straight ball: set up parallel with target, hands inside on the takeaway, finish with hands between left shoulder and head(over the neck) with club pointing to where the ball was.

To hit a fade: set up left of the target, hands straight or less inside on the takeaway, finish with hands more toward the head but high with club pointing down toward your feet.

This is a very simplified approach, but may help with some of the feels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.