Low fat pulls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitting some low fat pulls off the toe with my irons lately. Not sure what's going on cuz this is pretty new to me.

Out to in? Thoughts?

thx

hp12c

New
My pulls come from way open shoulders and then thnrow the clubhead on the ball, goes far but way left. Its what Kevin said on the backing the shaft thread think down then around good. around and then down bad.

Is it the low part? Would it be from a face that is closed way too much and coming down too steep?

Curtis, When I do this I get what you got. It isn't a pretty site.:D I guess a patch would be, "Don't do that", but I'm sure these are only symptoms of one or more root issues. Our knowledgeable forum members will perhaps help with those.

Burner

New
Hitting some low fat pulls off the toe with my irons lately. Not sure what's going on cuz this is pretty new to me.

Out to in? Thoughts?thx

Hitting it fat, off the toe, is not consistent with a pull - more a block to the right or push slice.

Hitting it fat, off the toe, is not consistent with a pull - more a block to the right or push slice.

Well I'm no genius but the ball is going LEFT, I'm getting more TURF than normal, the flight is LOWER, and the club has ball marks on the TOE.

I thought toe strikes were more out-in and heal strikes were in-out??

Burner

New
Well I'm no genius but the ball is going LEFT, I'm getting more TURF than normal, the flight is LOWER, and the club has ball marks on the TOE.

I thought toe strikes were more out-in and heal strikes were in-out??

Hitting it fat off the toe suggests to me that the heel of the club is getting past the ball before the toe, due to the toe being slowed down by the fat (pre-ball) contact. Therefore, the ball should go right.

Out to in or in to out don't seem too relevant to what is actually happening because, for example, if you hit it fat and off the heel then the heel would be slowed down by the fat (pre-ball) contact and the toe would be first past the ball. The upshot of this would be exit left.

However, with driver especially, contacting the big green ball before the little white mofo usually has the effect of squaring up the club face.

Status
Not open for further replies.