Low Right Elbow PLUS: Manzella Video on Matrix DTL Set-ups of the hands and arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the right handed golfer.

Setting up with a lower right elbow.The kind of set up that would be seen with a hooker.

What kind of problems do you run into?

Brad Faxon in one of his "Playing lessons from the pros" said this is a set up advocated by TGM.

Does this make for BPS?

Faxon

Faxon said that getting that right elbow low in the set up can make all sorts of weird things happen.

Did say that TGM likes that set up.I'm just reporting what I watched.

I really like Faxon as a player but he can hit it all over the lot !

Guitar Hero

For the right handed golfer.

Setting up with a lower right elbow.The kind of set up that would be seen with a hooker.

What kind of problems do you run into?

Brad Faxon in one of his "Playing lessons from the pros" said this is a set up advocated by TGM.

Does this make for BPS?

If you have Tiger's book "How I Play Golf" take a look at the swing sequence of "The Swing That Won The Slam" and look at his right arm at address. This sequence is one of my favorites of Tiger. You can learn a lot looking at this sequence.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
not really sure why do many people are bagging on this idea since brian teaches in in NSA

Only in Never Slice Again 2 though.

<!-- START FreeVideoCoding.com -->
<embed src="http://homepage.mac.com/brianmanzella/.Movies/matrixDTLaddress.wmv" width="320" height="283" autostart="0" showcontrols="1" type="application/x-mplayer2" pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/download/"> </embed>
<!-- END FreeVideoCoding.com -->

i was just pointing out the trend here lately for any non-manzella academy "tip" to be slammed as junk. its funny that the same thing was said about something that is part of one of your patterns.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
For future37....and others.

When Faxon was talking about a "TGM" position, he was talking about folks who are TGMers who teach on "on-plane" right forearm, and elbow plane address shaft positioning (or even a much higher Turned Shoulder Plane).

The book "literalists" love this position, and several others like Ben Doyle, like it too.

I used to teach it to most of my students.

I don't anymore.

In my opinion, it is NOT a natural location for the shaft, or the right forearm.

The right shoulder is MUCH closer to the hands at impact, and then, the location is fine.

I do use it—like in NSA2—for effect.

Brad Faxon would NOT be someone I'd use it on.

Guitar Hero

When Faxon was talking about a "TGM" position, he was talking about folks who are TGMers who teach on "on-plane" right forearm, and elbow plane address shaft positioning (or even a much higher Turned Shoulder Plane).

The book "literalists" love this position, and several others like Ben Doyle, like it too.

I used to teach it to most of my students.

I don't anymore.

In my opinion, it is NOT a natural location for the shaft, or the right forearm.

I agree it is Not a natural location for the shaft, or the right forearm at address.

I use the Miller Barber right forearm positions at address allot in lessons. This position is not well received by the book "literalists" but it is a way that works for many golfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.