Low VSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRACKMAN users. What do you all find are the most common causes of low VSP? What is the downside of low VSP, and what drills have you all used to get it a little higher?

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
High horizontal movement of left arm and handpath forcing the club to be uncocked underneath and dragged around low. And thats only a low vsp that is bad. If hands, shaft and head are all low it can be a great thing for some.

High horizontal movement of left arm and handpath forcing the club to be uncocked underneath and dragged around low. And thats only a low vsp that is bad. If hands, shaft and head are all low it can be a great thing for some.

Shanks from a good player from hand out path. What do u think about hitting balls sidehill below feet?

For one, you are standing about 6 inches higher than the golf ball. The opposite of hitting balls from a side hill lie with the ball above your feet to shallow out your VSP.

For one, you are standing about 6 inches higher than the golf ball. The opposite of hitting balls from a side hill lie with the ball above your feet to shallow out your VSP.

OK. I use hitting balls on sidehill well below feet and standing closer. So similar I suspect. Thx.

Yeah, I use the "Orange Peel" training aid for that for sure

I've been working on correcting a reverse tumble and notice that I hit the ball much, much better with the ball below my feet.

Can using the Orange Peel or hitting balls with the ball below your feet help with tumble? Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.