Lower body too fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
After whatching my swing on video, i've noticed that my lower body is way to fast. Sometimes my back heel is way off of the ground before impact. Any tips or suggestions on getting my lower body to slow down? Thanks

bts

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

Put the 'same' amount of force into your right foot at IMPACT that you are putting on the ball.
This works really well for slowing down my lower body and loading up my "pivot lag".

bambam

New

Put the 'same' amount of force into your right foot at IMPACT that you are putting on the ball.

Should that force be directed down (w/ weight on/towards the heel)? I worked with that thought some today and it seemed to help.

I sometimes have a similar look at impact w/ my right heel way off the ground, but it's because I tend to drive off the right foot...the worse I do this, the more inconsistent I get.

So are you saying, try to keep your right foot down through impact and then let it release on the follow through

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by KappaRaider

So are you saying, try to keep your right foot down through impact and then let it release on the follow through
I don't think Brian is saying that at all. You don't have to have the right foot flat on the floor to apply force through impact.

Erik_K

New
Brian,

would you liken this to a sprinter using the starting blocks when they hear the gun go off?

Status
Not open for further replies.