Lytham yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching Justin Rose working with Sean Foley on the range after his 74.
Lots of getting left arm vertical drilling. Then swinging thro' so hands were level or left of left hip.
The UK amateur champion Adam Dunbar was doing something similar with holding an aiming stick as an extension of the shaft.
Westwood was there doing that "OTT type" swinging left practice swing that McDowell does and Tiger used to.
Also in the Times newspaper this am there's a picture of Tiger hacking out of the rough on 15. He's swung so far left his right hand is off the club but his right leg is off the ground showing immaculate "bumpy back".
It was good to watch these guys on the range and I was specifically looking out for drills but hardly surprisingly they don't seem to give much away in front of their fellow competitors.
If Tiger can take how he was hitting his driver on the range to the course and gets the pace of the greens, IMO he'll be thereabouts on Sunday.

ZAP

New
Nice observations. When I was at Firestone a couple of years ago I was shocked at the variety of practice drills done.

Today the golf course was set up more difficult mainly due to hole locations. When you watch an event all day and see hardly any kick ins, rest assured those holes are tucked. I don't care how firm the greens, get these guys will find a way to get to flat, exposed hole locations. When they put them on mounds over bunkers, forget it. If the winds blows tomorrow, there will be very few rounds under par.

I caught some vision of Rory on the practice fairway after his second round....stopped backswing at '7 o'clock', paused and then continued with the swing.

leon

New
I caught some vision of Rory on the practice fairway after his second round....stopped backswing at '7 o'clock', paused and then continued with the swing.

Maybe he was trying to emulate Lyle? Stood behind the OAPs on 3rd tee Friday and Sandy takes what looks like a waggle, stopping at 1st parallel, but then goes ahead and finishes his swing. Lots of whispers of "wtf", but amazingly he flushed it. Looked pretty funky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.