Maintaining the Spine Angle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I bump and turn and ....... WHAM!

Sometimes it seems I miss the bump and just turn. (Not sure why I miss it.) This causes me to come out of the spine angle. Like it's hard to keep the head back.

Doing the former I can feel the leverage the 'turn' is getting from the bumped hips. With no bump......no/little leverage.

Are there any drills for maintaining the spine angle during the downstroke?

Thanks, Cliff

cohiba_red_dot_robusto_fino.jpg

cdog

New
When i am struggling this is one of my problems (improper pivot).
You can see it a lot on the course watching people, most all will comment i looked up, and their topped ball bounces down the fairway.

For me personally what i do to combat this is think "butt against the wall".
Don't know if that thought will help you but it helps me.

When i am struggling this is one of my problems (improper pivot).
You can see it a lot on the course watching people, most all will comment i looked up, and their topped ball bounces down the fairway.

For me personally what i do to combat this is think "butt against the wall".
Don't know if that thought will help you but it helps me.

cdog: Thanks for the tip. Playing in one hour so will try the thought.

For me when I get the most from the shot, I bump, which tilts me. Then I start the turn of the left hip, maintaining the spine angle of the bump. THEN the hip pulls the club into place...WHAM!! Nothing happens up top, above the waist, until the hip starts the turn. (Now maybe the hands DO start down, but I feel nothing but the hips starting the turn and LEVERAGE whipping the club into place.) YMMV.

Cliff

You hands are not eduated until they control the Pivot.
Program your computer, by working on your stage 1, and the Mechanical check list will be your very good friend.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
You hands are not eduated until they control the Pivot.
Program your computer, by working on your stage 1, and the Mechanical check list will be your very good friend.

Was 'The Golfing Machine' written in any other languages???

I don't believe it was. And, I have a hard time believing that someone can read and understand it and not be able to write or spell in English.

From what I've seen, there aren't many people who can physically make a downswing pivoting on their left leg with a steady ~45 degree spine angle. To me, this is the athletic aspect of the golf swing. It takes a lot of hip flexibility, leg strength, abdominal strength, good posture, etc..

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Spine Angle and Educated Hands.

Almost everyone who loses their balance, loses it because they are wooried that:

A - They are going to MISS the ball

B - They are going to hit the ball someplace they don't want to

As far as the Mechanical Checklist....

I was given an assignment by a yound man doing a paper for his University PE class 15 years ago:

List all the things you look for at ADDRESS, HALFWAY BACK, and AT THE TOP, and then the list you would give the STUDENT.

Mine was soooooooo much longer than the one in Chapter 12 it was silly—and it would be MUCH longer now.

The one I would have given the STUDENT was much longer than the the one in Chapter 12—but now it would be much shorter.

Experience.

And I am STILL getting better everyday!:)

BigD

New
How do you keep from losing spine angle on the down swing? I know about the chair drill but are there any other thoughts to this?

BigD

New
Put a chair behind you and keep your right cheek on the back of the chair on the Backswing and left cheek on the downswing.

Gu-id one, Tom....

Was 'The Golfing Machine' written in any other languages???

I don't believe it was. And, I have a hard time believing that someone can read and understand it and not be able to write or spell in English.

Too good of a laugh off that one. Glad I didn't have a mouthful of water when I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.