Manzaposium pre TGM Summit & Maziposiom pre PGA Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
The TGM Teaching Summit is scheduled for Dec 1-3 in Orlando again. It will be followed by the PGA Summit at Port St. Lucie Dec 4-7. Anybody coming along?
Of course we all want to be entertained Manzella style with Manzaposium's galore and dinner stories about Stan Stoppa and Big Don Villavaso!:D

Manzaposium Pre TGM Summit & Maziposion pre PGA Summit

I will be attending TGM Summit and have made my flight arrangements so that I could attend the Manzaposium if it is planned on Monday prior to the Monday evening party. I did not see Brian's name on the PGA Summit list of presenters and I have already heard Martin Hall at TGM Summit and the PGA Summit so TGM Summit is where the real learning experience will be. I want to remain in the elite group that has attended all of TGM Summit's. I am looking forward to hearing Don Shaw GSED speak on his close friendship with HK.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Manziposium.

I was very sad to see that I wasn't asked to talk at either the TGM or PGA Summits again. (For the record, I spoke at the 2005 TGM Summit, the 2008 MIT Summit, and the 2008 Tri-State PGA Summit). :(

Because I often am "Charlie Brown" looking in the mailbox for Valentine's Day cards but seeing nothing and hearing an echo, I started doing "Manzipoisums."

Of course, because Charlie Brown gets rocks when he goes Halloween "Trick or Treating," I started this web forum. ;)

Manziposiums?

Just like calling myself the "Eye-talian Stallion" was a sarcastic response to teachers who call themselves by other movie character names—even if they don't look like or act like the characters—I call my seminars "Manziposiums" to jab at Mac O'Grady's seminars he calls "symposiums."

The "Manzimposiums" or "Manzaposiums" if you wish, are my free seminars I give to the seminar attendees who don't get to hear me live any other way.

They are always very well attended, and as usual, I provide some information that is WAY AHEAD of the curve.

I will do at least one during this multi-Summit week, but I don't know the time or place as of yet.

Manziposimums 2009 —TBA

Who decides who the presenters are at these summits pls. I would like to email them. I wan't to know why they are overlooking you when you have far more relevant information about the swing than the normal run of the mill stuff or the stupid no backswing stuff.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Who decides who the presenters are at these summits pls. I would like to email them. I wan't to know why they are overlooking you when you have far more relevant information about the swing than the normal run of the mill stuff or the stupid no backswing stuff.

Joe Daniels - TGM

The PGA let Rick Martino go this summer, and are hiring someone else.

The PGA Sections all have an "Education Committee Chair."

"Education Committee Chair"??????
Sounds like the golf mafia. Everybody in every bodies pocket. Am I in a bad mood or does that sound corrupt?:)

I was very sad to see that I wasn't asked to talk at either the TGM or PGA Summits again. (For the record, I spoke at the 2005 TGM Summit, the 2008 MIT Summit, and the 2008 Tri-State PGA Summit). :(

Because I often am "Charlie Brown" looking in the mailbox for Valentine's Day cards but seeing nothing and hearing an echo, I started doing "Manzipoisums."

Of course, because Charlie Brown gets rocks when he goes Halloween "Trick or Treating," I started this web forum. ;)

Manziposiums?

Just like calling myself the "Eye-talian Stallion" was a sarcastic response to teachers who call themselves by other movie character names—even if they don't look like or act like the characters—I call my seminars "Manziposiums" to jab at Mac O'Grady's seminars he calls "symposiums."

The "Manzimposiums" or "Manzaposiums" if you wish, are my free seminars I give to the seminar attendees who don't get to hear me live any other way.

They are always very well attended, and as usual, I provide some information that is WAY AHEAD of the curve.

I will do at least one during this multi-Summit week, but I don't know the time or place as of yet.

Manziposimums 2009 —TBA

Please keep us advised..would much rather drive to Orlando to see you than Mickey Freakin Mouse!

hERE is what i found out

i called the golfing machine office, the lady was very cordial.

I asked about the tgm summit, i asked who chose the speakers

her answer was..joe daniels and his wife

i said ok, how do they decide who will speak, she said they decide on topics..then the choose the people will speak on the topics best

noooooo...i did not mention brians name

i asked if joe was there, she said no, he is in ENGLAND teaching..

will be back november sometime

thats all i know

hjack

answer

Here is my question

was your question sarcastic....or serious?

do you feel i was out of line calling???

i really would like an honest answer

hjack

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I really wasn't complaining about not speaking, and I really would rather someone who doesn't go to summits to call anyone.

No offense to Hjack at all.

Howard, the golf biz is a little different.

I do appreciate it though.

Now, if PGA members want to lobby the PGA, or TGM AI's the head office, that's ok, they pay their due$, and they have a right.

I sorta like being the outsider, that way I can sneak up on everyone.

Steve Khatib

Super Moderator
Brian does a lot of real speaking at all of the summits anyhoo. So he becomes the keynote speaker with being listed on the official program or marketing material.

Those of us in the know allready know and appreciate his honest rebuttle/questions/comments from the floor and Manziposiums: not to mention how he holds the floor during the evenings or meal breaks.

Brian is the real people's and Instructors star speaker at all summits even though he is not on any official lists!

In fact he even aids the speakers with their knowledge and presentations via his insights.

Here is my question

was your question sarcastic....or serious?

do you feel i was out of line calling???

i really would like an honest answer

hjack

Wasn't being sarcastic thought you would be in better position and have contacts within the PGA of America to know who to call. Anyway as Brian has said he can fight his own battles and i am sure he appreciates we all feel the same feeling of disappointment these organisations aren't recognising his abilities by making him first on the list to be a speaker.

The TGM Teaching Summit is scheduled for Dec 1-3 in Orlando again. It will be followed by the PGA Summit at Port St. Lucie Dec 4-7. Anybody coming along?
Of course we all want to be entertained Manzella style with Manzaposium's galore and dinner stories about Stan Stoppa and Big Don Villavaso!:D

yes

verizon

Yes i agree B can fight his own battles

have you ever seen the VERIZON commercial

where they have the WHOLE team of verizon workers protecting the cell phone user??

well pga members...and AI

YOUR THE TEAM..........HELP THE MAN.........I BELIEVE HE HAS HELPED MAKE YOU BETTER TEACHERS

NOW YOU HELP HIM

H

Forum members - Brian's time is coming and soon.

I can't speak for the TGM world but for the PGA...

I was a NorCal Board member (I've since moved to Oregon for another gig) and I lobbied to have him at the 2007 NorCal PGA Teaching Summit in Sacremento and I called the Education Chair at the time. BTW, the guys that are on these boards do their best, are not paid and they have lives(jobs) and wives and kids and all the other stuff that makes a day full and exhausting. And, they are supposed to be able to break par at a moments notice AND give a great golf lesson...whew.

Although the thought of having BM speak was an option for the committee, they need to "fill the room" to make the event at least break even or cash flow positive. So they often go with the "flavor of the week." They wanted Plummer and Bennett and settled for Dr. Jim Suttie.

I for one think BM is at the top of the teaching game and know the info would have been well received by the attendees. That said, BM is not in the mainstream yet at least on the West Coast. I know there are thousands of members on this site and many of whom are PGA, but he's still a year or two (or one or two PGA Tour wins by a player) from getting the invites to these things.

He'll be turning them down before long because he'll be too busy!!

good post....but so SAD

CMARTIN

i read your posts, your intelligent and intuitive.

what am am about to say is in no way a reflection on you..

you said....they "pga" needed to break even...so they wanted ben and plum and settled for jim suttie....

as well as you said Brian is one player with 1 or 2 wins away from

"being there"

i think i am close to correct in quoting you....at least i hope so..

in closing let me ask you just thing, and believe me i respect yOu and your thoughts

how many pga winners did HOMER KELLY WORK WITH INDIVIDUALLY

HJACK

Brian Manzella

Administrator
I really wasn't complaining about not speaking, and I really would rather someone who doesn't go to summits to call anyone.

No offense to Hjack at all.

Howard, the golf biz is a little different.

I do appreciate it though.

Now, if PGA members want to lobby the PGA, or TGM AI's the head office, that's ok, they pay their due$, and they have a right.

I sorta like being the outsider, that way I can sneak up on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.