MANZELLA LIVE! Pilot....reviews and comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL?????

Did it work?
Was it the bestest thing ever??

feedback please people who live in the right timezone etc.

Don't keep the rest of us in suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont want to make you feel bad, but ....

it was aboslutely, positively the best thing i've ever been involved in since i joined the forum!

great job brian

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Ok.

Technical difficulties early on.

These will be resolved before the first episode airs next Wednesday at 9pmEDT.

I will say that once the Q & A got started, it went fine.

I think we have something no other site, channel, or magazine has.

We have knowledge, experience, and good people.

See you next week.

Brian, it was fun to watch. Nice to see Finney and Kobylinski give you the needle, too. I give Jim a slight edge in zingers for the evening. I look forward to next week.

Last edited:
Yes, I thought it was fun. Good info and a good time like Brian promised. Once they iron the technical difficulties and find a way to bring chaos to the q & a, it will be great.

Very good.............very promising.......good turnout......thank you Brian. $5 will be a no-brainer to fork over, BTW.

Can I ask a few follow-up questions from what was asked/answered in the show?:

1. Thanks for addressing my question first off Brian- but what I really meant was about simple definitions- why is SSA often said (I have heard this tossed around quite a few times) to be stronger than "Manzella neutral" when SSA is supposed to be both wrists vertical? Both wrists vertical should put the left wrist matching the clubface, no?

2. You talked about the first move down putting you into a more laid off position. But some guys get away with this......most notably Ben Hogan and Sergio off the top of my head. (and these guys don't just "get away with it" if you catch my drift)

So- can you tell us WHY they can get away with it?

3. You mentioned Padraig. He plays best when he "fears the left side"?? You mean he plays best with a draw and an over-draw as a miss?

Job hunting tomorrow.....bedtime.

Thanks again for the show Brian.

Yes, I thought it was fun. Good info and a good time like Brian promised. Once they iron the technical difficulties and find a way to bring chaos to the q & a, it will be great.

I agree. Brian already mentioned having the forum vote on topics to be discussed. I think maybe focusing on a few topics in advance will sharpen the discussion.

I look forward to the D-Plane discussion.

Very good.............very promising.......good turnout......thank you Brian. $5 will be a no-brainer to fork over, BTW.

Can I ask a few follow-up questions from what was asked/answered in the show?:

1. Thanks for addressing my question first off Brian- but what I really meant was about simple definitions- why is SSA often said (I have heard this tossed around quite a few times) to be stronger than "Manzella neutral" when SSA is supposed to be both wrists vertical? Both wrists vertical should put the left wrist matching the clubface, no?

2. You talked about the first move down putting you into a more laid off position. But some guys get away with this......most notably Ben Hogan and Sergio off the top of my head. (and these guys don't just "get away with it" if you catch my drift)

3. You mentioned Padraig. He plays best when he "fears the left side"?? You mean he plays best with a draw and an over-draw as a miss?

Job hunting tomorrow.....bedtime.

Thanks again for the show Brian.

Birdieman, Padraig fears the left because he fights a hook. Once he elimantes the left side, he is dealing with half the trouble. This leads to hitting mostly fades. I am almost positive that is what Harrington meant.

Great experience, Brian! This is going to be best thing that has happened in golf instruction after you get everything the way you envision it. Closest thing to having a live lesson possible. Really will take it to the next level!

Thanks again for the look into the future of Manzellaland!

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
people always have more fun when they laugh a bit...brian will stimulate their brains and i'll bring in the comedic relief :D

another vote for this

TLS

New
Great concept. Verbal and visual responses to questions were incredible. Brian proves again to be passionate and caring in helping others with this crazy game. Another format to demonstrate his accessibility to those who want to learn.

tls

Brian I though you did very well considering the technical difficulties. I would recommend a more structured approach to questions about what you are discussing be handled. For example after talking about particular subject you ask for questions about what was said and read those and respond appropriately.

For me the most frustrating part could be the waiting in line (sort of) to determine whether I would be able to view the program. If the number of people exceed your bandwidth capability which is presently limited it could be very discouraging to find out that the show is sold out. I guess the only answer to that is to provide a saved copy of the proceedings if possible and sell that at a lower rate.

I do think your idea of doing the Manzella live shows is great and I hope it becomes a sucess for both you and the viewers.

Dave

Could others see Michael and Jim? If so, I couldn't (I couldn't even see their named screen with "no image available").

I thought it was a successful maiden voyage.

JRJ

New
Overall, VERY good for a test pilot. Thank you so much for helping me with my takeaway. I am absolutely going to work on more of a "hands in" takeaway and see what happens. Besides the obvious video box technical difficulties that will be sorted out next time, here is some feedback aimed at making the show better for end users:

1. Agree that a more structured approach to questions would work way better. Suggestion would be to have people submit questions in advance and you handle them one at a time. To that point, chat should be disabled entirely - way too distracting and the side conversations take away from the main "show"

2. I wouldn't just do Q&A. Your instruction is the best and that should definitely be the main focus, but having a segment early on were you just "talk golf" giving your opinion on what's happening in the world of golf that week would make the show much more entertaining and widen your prospective audience. I guess it depends on if you want to brand yourself as just a great instructor or if you want to leverage your personality further and become known as a maverick internet golf personality not afraid to challenge pop instruction, etc. I would vote for the later and would personally love to hear your thoughts about the PGA, VJ's recent win, Padraig's GD swing sequence, anything golf.

3. Show was a thousand times better when you get UP out of your chair with a club in your hand and show positions

4. Voice and video from "special guests" (Damon for example) wasn't the same quality as Brian's so that will very likely continue to be a challenge going forward

Anyway, best of luck....ground breaking stuff. JRJ

Once you work out the technical difficulties and work from a studio with perhaps a better camera or possibly two cameras it will be really good.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
First Show.

The format that we will follow at first will be:

1. Manzella Opening Monologue...comments by the staff...a couple questions on what we just talked about

2. The Top 3 topics as voted on, on the forum that week+a couple questions on what we just talked about

3. Our main instructional topic of the week+a couple questions on what we just talked about

4. Open questions

The chat will only be open when we have a question from a specific attendee, who raises their hand ("virtually") in a control panel

thoughts on pilot

i had the pleasure of attending the pilot last evening.... having a t.v. show myself here in sarasota, i would like to share thoughtS.

BRIAN brought the written word to life........in the beginning BRAIN....got the technical things ironed out. those things happen when you are using bandwidth etc.

as you noticed BRIAN was wearing a dark color shirt because white shuts down camera lens......to me the questions members asked were right on. having mike finney, damon, ryan......what a great lineup. I want to say this and i promise only one time. BRIAN

is truly a caring person......type A personality? u bet......but thats whats makes him special. He wants us all to succeed and he is an entertainer extroadinaire......i know after the 100th show we will all look back and remember the first show.........and it will be with fond memories...WHY???

Because it was the day golf on the internet changed forever......i am proud of you BRIAN.........you have the knowledge and PERSONALITY to make learning not only educational but entertaining.

for those that might think i overdid my post and bragging on BRIAN...think about this. If you were there last night you got 5000 dollars worth of info.........for zero dollars.....we are all on our way to beoming better golfers........the best of the best is

BRIAN BEING BRIAN...................................(SORRY MANNY)

SEE EVERYONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FAIRWAY

HJACK

Status
Not open for further replies.