Manzella Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyt

New
Brian in the time that I have been hanging around this website of yours a lot of terms have been floating around that I don't understand or do I understand the origin of the terms.

Obviously I have heard TGM, Pop Golf and then the Manzella Matrix. For a new person how do I understand the terms used around here by you and others better.

The manzella matrix is that a term that you use with those who you have given personal instruction. Seems to me that when you refer to patterns associated with the Manzella Matrix, other forum members know exactly what you are talking about, however I don't.

Any clarity on this would be great.

Jimmy in Las Vegas

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Great Questions!

Here ya go (short version):

THE GOLFING MACHINE

THE GOLFING MACHINE is very complex book on the workings of the golf swing by the late Homer Kelley. Mr. Kelley's was a not a mathematician, a physicist, nor a degreed engineer. He was very bright, and a problem solver by nature, and at times, by trade. He worked out the information that became the book, after being frustrated by the lack of answers provided by local golf pros, who failed to adequately explain Mr. Kelley's early success at the game.

After 28 years, the project that he thought would be complete in one week, was self published as "The Golfing Machine." It was updated six times over the next thirteen years. Mr. Kelley passed away doing a seminar on his findings.

Mr. Kelley's book is a literary mess, is cryptically arranged, and doesn't make its own concepts very clear. His lack of high-speed cameras, and proper education in the matters needed for accuracy, made for some factual errors and provided for wildly different interpretations.

It is not—nor was ever intended to be—a "how to play golf" or "how to teach golf" book.

It does do several things very well, and a couple, better than has been done before. It is a very good classification system for swings. It presents a great method for a teacher or player to learn to "see" golf swings more clearly, in respect to how they produce a certain result, and what might be adjusted for a desired difference.

It provided golf instruction's best glossary, and learning its content and principles has help produce a group of excellent instructors. From this group, many more top instructors have been trained—both Mr. Kelley's work and the work of the book's disciples.

The Authorized Instructor program presents a way for teachers desiring education in the book's concepts, to learn this excellent basis for upgrading their core knowledge base, giving them a launching pad for future growth.

POP GOLF INSTRUCTION

"Pop" Golf Instruction is a term that defines the current body of information that is presented and sold to the golf world by the golf media.

This body of information is packaged and repackaged using a surprisingly few outlets (Golf Digest, Golf Magazine, The Golf Channel, Televised Tour Events, etc.) and from an almost equally small number of "Star" teachers.

The nature of the "news cycle" is responsible for the ever changing nature of what is "hot," and what is not.

The term can also mean "pop" from a certain specific group, as in "pop" instruction of the golf channel, or Club Pros, or even—for example—"Natural Golf" followers.

THE MANZELLA MATRIX

by Brian Manzella, PGA Member, AMF Member, Doctorate Level Authorized Instructor of The Golfing Machine

Most Golf Teachers are "one pattern" teachers. I was one too—once upon a time. One or two patterns will never reach the varieties of golfers that exist in the world of golf. Too limiting. Most teaching systems promise results "eventually."

It has been my goal for 25 years to become the World's Best Golf Teacher. To do that I needed to find a way to be able to help golfers "right now," and also in a way that allows for long term positive development. The day was a long time coming. But that day is here today on my lesson tee.

The MANZELLA MATRIX.

Most golf swings are either DRAW swings or FADE swings. Even Ben Hogan said that hitting a straight ball was an accident.

In my 25 years on the lesson tee, when teaching non-beginners, I find that 95% of all lessons start by either moving the golfer toward a draw "pattern" (all the elements that make up a unique golf swing) or a fade "pattern." This is despite the fact that the DRAW golfer may still hit a draw after being "fixed," and the fade golfer a fade.

Over the years I delvoped two very distinct patterns and methods, at what I call the "outside edges" of what became the MANZELLA MATRIX. The Never Slice Again pattern and method, and the Never Hook Again pattern and method.

Golfers who have patterns "outside" the "outside edges" of the MANZELLA MATRIX either swing TOO FAR outside-in with TOO OPEN a clubface for an effective fade, or TOO FAR inside-out with TOO CLOSED a clubface for an effective draw.

The first goal of the MANZELLA ACADEMY is to get the golfer "inside the MATRIX." Then over time, a totally customized pattern can be developed, often closer to the "Middle of the MATRIX."

The MIDDLE of the MATRIX is simply the most basic and orthodox of all swing elements that would produce a straight ball. I have not presented this "Exact Middle" pattern to the masses. Soon.

Two new patterns have emerged: The "SOFT FADE" and The "SOFT DRAW."

So a simple "straight line" MANZELLA MATRIX is 5 basic patterns.

1.0 Never Slice Again
2.0 "Soft Draw"
3.0 "Pre Center"
4.0 "Soft Fade"
5.0 Never Hook Again

The MANZELLA MATRIX 5 can "branch off" in any number of ways, one of which is by varying release points. Another, would be alternate plane shift combinations.

Just as importantly, the MANZELLA MATRIX is also a WAY to teach, a basic philosophy about the swing, and the science to back it all up.

It will be a book, and then a video.

Hope this helps.

Here ya go (short version):

"Here ya go (short version):......."

For being the "short version" this is good. I would love to experience the "long version".

This post should be classified so that it is always is visable for our review and re-review. It is must reading for first timers.

Thanks Brian please continue with the long version.

jimmyt

New
Brian

Thanks for taking the time to explain, it all has become very clear. Can hardly wait for the book and video, do you have an ETA for either.

I agree with Jim Cook you should post this for all first time or new visitors, this way the time you spent to help me out can be used for the masses who visit this site. I refer this site often so.......

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.