Martin Hall's School of Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

natep

New
I thought Martin Hall did an excellent job. He seems too qualified to fit in with the normal drivel I've come to expect on TGC. Nice to see someone who knows what's up on TGC.

If you watched some of the Hope Classic coverage with Breed doing "tips" every half hour, Breed did a segment on "maintaining spine angle" and was showing how the pros "keep their spine angle throughout the swing". That was presented as "Rubbish" by Hall as he explained axis tilt and used the term "science research--biomechanists--tells us..." If you looked at Breed while Hall was talking about it, Breed had his arms crossed and head tilted as if he didn't understand.

Overall, I thought it was mostly good information.

dbl

New
Yup. And Breed says "Well we learn something new..."

As to Breed's tips coverage at the Hope, to fix a slice, he said to change path to inside out, stop shoulders and let hands whip around closed. Here, Hall said it was a face problem.

martin hall

I was very happy to see Martin Hall get off to such a nice start.

As for Breed's body language.....we have not seen him in that kind of situation before, so hard to tell

My personal feeling is that Martin has the perfect personality for the show....not in a hurry but very knowledgeable

His referencing Trackman , Science and Biomechanics was nice to hear....

If i may refer to the wonderful play of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF........."""its a new world"""

Last edited:
Excellent show last night. I loved the mix of science and biomechanics in martins show. The hot spot on the driver was new for me. Although I have been setting up as Martin suggested for a while. Now I know why it works.

ZAP

New
He did an OK job but it wouild have been nice to turn on the TV and watch Brian on the show.

It sure looked like Breed was standing in the line of fire when Martin was hitting some of those shots.

He did an OK job but it wouild have been nice to turn on the TV and watch Brian on the show.It sure looked like Breed was standing in the line of fire when Martin was hitting some of those shots.

Amen to that. I think Martin is waayy better than a lot of choices they could have made, I just can't get excited about this show knowing the real expert of what is being discussed isn't there.

eoscar

I thought the information on the show was much improved over TGC's current offerings. Some of the segment titles were a little corny but I will tune in weekly none the less. I had seen the toe set up on the driver from one of the Manzella instructors, can't recall if it was Michael Jacobs or Steve Khatib.

You can really tell were Hall was schooled in the golf swing.........just did not use any of the terms.

Stuff like setup for for the driver and right arm flex is determined by the left arm. Good stuff.

dbl

New
I'm remembering (perhaps incorrectly) that tgc had a Haney reality show called "School of Golf" featuring his IJGA academy on tgc in about 2008. Bothers me a little when I see/hear this show's title, I immediately think of that one. I actually didn't check it out at first, because from the dvr guide I thought it was a rerun.

Though... glad for an improvement, if this is the case.

Last edited:
I'm just dissapointed however not shocked, that the GC chose a somewhat big name to host the show. Hall beat out the Palacios-Jensen chick and Wayne Player for the spot. I thought the premise was to find "the best coach you've never heard of". What a gip. The finalists were able to produce slick commercial looking entry's while most people just used an HD camera with the internal mic. Martin Hall is sharp enough to have his own show anyway. Conducting a contest was just fluff.

It was all too fixed for me with Hall. I was looking forward to it and I turn it on and who is hosting? The spastic Breed. I wonder what Hall would say when he found out that Breed did a lesson on how to bounce a ball off the face of a wedge? I guess I'm expecting too much.
:)

Really like Hall's stuff. He has a broad knowledge base and has been through the school of hard knocks too. Meaning he has spent a considerable amount of time on the lesson tee with the average joe.

I respect guys like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.