Matrix, D Plane and Soft Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian,
The more I read the more it seems like Jack's swing? Which is probably a good thing.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55iJT8Kcc0I[/media]

Guitar Hero

Jack’s swing on this video as far as the sweet spot balance and sweet spot plane is close to optimum. I know the camera angles are not the best but if you look at the straight on view you will see the right forearm above the left on the back swing. This is pronounced in Jack’s swing. The model or swing pattern I am finding out from the 3-D and Cad models including live human testing is there is many reasons to use this type of pattern. The back swing has a very vertical shaft position from the transition to the top. The straight line theory is out but the butt of the club does point at the target line during the transition. The take away also does not have the sweet spot follow a straight line back but a little more to the outside. The best way to describe it would be using a clock with 3:00 the straight back. You would take it back more on 2:30 for the take away with more of a lagging club head. The sweet spot plane is slightly above the turned shoulder plane on the back swing so the shaft moves to a more vertical position from the take away up to the back swing. The lagging club head with no pop out will produce this take away path if the sweet spot is moved on the 2:30 line during the take away. The sweet spot plane will shift to the turned shoulder plane with the down swing pivot and can even move down to the elbow plane as well. There are also many factors with this pattern that help with the club face control of CB irons as well. This pattern makes it is easy to swing the sweet spot in balance as well so the CB irons are not fighting against you to keep the club face open. I can go on but I think you get the idea. The bottom line is what Brian is finding out about the D-Plane along with sweet spot balance and circular movement I am researching all points to a swing with a lot of Jack’s fundamentals. I know there are other patterns but this is a good one if you use CB irons. I am also testing CB irons for club face movement which I am finding most want to move to the open side of the sweet spot balance and this increases during the down swing. It can also increase with an inside take away back swing. The twist away move is one way to keep this from happing as it tends to favor the closed side of the sweet spot balance on the down swing.

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
That is a lot of quality info in the above post GH. Thanks.

I am interested in knowing which types of takeaways work best with different kinds of clubs. That could take club-fitting to a whole new level.

Guitar Hero

That is a lot of quality info in the above post GH. Thanks.

I am interested in knowing which types of takeaways work best with different kinds of clubs. That could take club-fitting to a whole new level.

I am testing many of the new and old CB irons. I will work on getting some data for you.

At the very end of the video it says " Release and hit the ball"

What does he mean by "hit" the ball. If someone told me that I think I would flinch or flip

at the ball. Anyone else feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.