mechanics to feel

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
We are to practice mechanics to develope feel.
I'd like to know your feel for the transition, i use 2, 1 for my woods, and working on another for my irons, do you guys have 1 feel for all clubs, or not?
Both feels are for me to get to the elbow pitch postion, for my woods (esp my driver), i feel almost like i push to the position, its also a hard contraction of my rear lat. Since my lesson with Brian I am fairly straight with a slight fade or draw. When i use that feel for my irons i just haven't been consistant.
For my irons, i try to really rotate the triangle down to position, it may look the same, i guess i need to put it on tape, but the feel is different. I have really been studying Tom Bartlett's swing from all the angles, and he really rotates that triangle. I still practice both feels to try to see which will lead me to better consistantcy, and am wondering about using diferent feels.
I guess if i have success using 2, thers nothing wrong with it.

EdZ

New
Do you tend to fade your irons, and draw your drives? Sounds like it is one of the 'minor' takeaway moves than can make a 'major' difference in the rest of the swing. Check the position of your right elbow as you start your takeway, make sure you keep it pointing 'down', to the right hip, and not 'behind' you early in the backswing. Do split grip drills when checking it, and you'll probably feel the difference I am talking about. When the move is correct, you can really feel the 'extension' of the right arm in the downswing/throughswing, and when you get the elbow too 'behind you', you can't get that extension, from the inside - the reason is that allowing the elbow to move out of position makes your hands/wrists roll slightly 'out and over', rather than 'back and in'. I use a swing trigger of kicking my right elbow towards my belly button as a reminder to feel that 'elbow down and in front' of the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.