Memory card for EX FC150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations on a memory card for an EX FC150? I don't know too much about them performance wise. Anything to consider other than storage size? What's optimal for HS video? It'll just be for my personal use and maybe some buddies if that helps. Not too concerned with price but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

I do have a card now but it's only a 1GB. Every time I bring it to the range or course, there's no room for video because my 8 year old daughter took 200 pictures of our dog's butt or got like ten minutes of high speed video of the dog drinking water. It's cute but that's not the point.

Any who, I figured it was time to get one of my own!

Thanks in advance fellas
And a preemptive “just humor me” for softconsult..:)

Any recommendations on a memory card for an EX FC150? I don't know too much about them performance wise. Anything to consider other than storage size? What's optimal for HS video? It'll just be for my personal use and maybe some buddies if that helps. Not too concerned with price but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

I do have a card now but it's only a 1GB. Every time I bring it to the range or course, there's no room for video because my 8 year old daughter took 200 pictures of our dog's butt or got like ten minutes of high speed video of the dog drinking water. It's cute but that's not the point.

Any who, I figured it was time to get one of my own!

Thanks in advance fellas
And a preemptive “just humor me” for softconsult..:)

Neil, I am no techie, but have found out the hard way what card I need. You have to consider both the capacity of the card in terms of GB, but also the memory class rating. The class rating is basically the speed at which the card will record the data transferred to it by the camera. You need to match the class of the card to the class at which the camera will transfer data to the card. Double-check your manual, but my Casio FH25 requires a class 6 card. If you buy a card (like I did) with a ton of storage but insufficient class, in my case a 32 GB class-2 card, about half of the swings you record will skip large portions of the video. I now have an 8GB class 6 card that easily holds all the video I would ever take at a practice session. There is no benefit to buying a higher rated card than the camera requires.

I checked an online manual, I'm assuming it's the same as the one in the box which is somewhere in my attic. It's about 200 degrees up there right now so I'm trying to avoid it if I can. What I read didn't specify a class but just stated that a higher speed was preferred.

These things have gotten a lot cheaper. It's been a few years since I've bought one and I don't see any type of markings on my current card referring to any class, only size/capacity. Is the class specific to your camera? I saw on Best Buy's web site a hand full of cards that were class 10. There were also 2, 4 & 6's. Is there an optimal choice or is it safe to assume that the class 10 will be superior to the class 6. Is the class 10 necessary, meaning can the camera capitalize? It's a nice camera but is a class 10 only noticable on professional grade equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.