Mike Bender DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandal

New
Looks like he has some interesting things. He might be connected to TGM in some way from what it looks like.

Very boring DVDs from Bender. I wasted my money on his DVDs.

Bender has studied the golf swing his whole life, just like Brian.

But, imagine if you logged on to this forum and Brian said that he's researched the swing for 25 years, and then proceeds to repeat just 2 or 3 SIMPLE points about the golf swing. That's what you get from Mike Bender.

He really doesn't explain enough about the swing. NO DETAIL! He keeps things way too simple.

in my opinion, there's much better written and video information on this forum, than you will find in Bender's DVDs.

somebody correct me if i'm wrong but....

The only thing that he teaches different from a typical golf video:
-3/4 backswing
-from the top of the backswing just think of hitting the ball with the clubface using just your right hand/right side as quickly as you can (while still in control, of course). Even if you don't rotate your body, you will still get 90-95% of your normal distance. for instance, he says his normal distance is 170 yards with a 7 iron. if he only uses his hands, he says he hits it 160 yards. Add on the rotation of his body and he can get 170 yards out of it.

other than that, I don't think he's offered up any new or interesting ideas.

Zippy

Banned
Mike bender was on Golf Chanel once and I enjoy his show. He show how arms come down first but then I read Hogan and he says the hips start first. I wish someone could tell me just for sure what was going on in this dang swing but its all a game of oppinion.

bray

New
Feel and real are two different things......

For a hitter they may feel like there hips stay still (all hands and right arm thrust). However in reality the hips move from top in a lateral and then turning motion. Hula Hula.

Sorting Through the Golf Nut's Catlog.

B-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.