Mirror on top of putter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ej20

New
I was working on my putting with a mirror on the floor to help with getting my eyes directly over the ball and line when I got this idea.I would attach a small mirror on top of my putter head so that I can use this drill even when I am playing.I will be 100% certain my eyes are over the ball and never second guess myself again.

Is this legal?If it is I am suprised nobody has made a putter with such a feature.

I was working on my putting with a mirror on the floor to help with getting my eyes directly over the ball and line when I got this idea.I would attach a small mirror on top of my putter head so that I can use this drill even when I am playing.I will be 100% certain my eyes are over the ball and never second guess myself again.

Is this legal?If it is I am suprised nobody has made a putter with such a feature.

I don't think it will be legal, the high gloss version might work though.
But having the ball directly over the ball isn't the right thing for everyone. When I had a few putting lessons and got fitted for my putter we did some tests for where my ideal eye position is (I think it all depends what your dominant eye is etc). Mine is slightly to the inside.
I only move my head directly over the ball when I verify the aim (using Geoff Mangum's ideas on swivelling the head and aligning it with the base of Mount Fuji [your nose])

What would be more useful is a mirror angled such that you could look down and see where the face is aiming.

Can't see that being legal tho

As regards eye alignment - didn't Titleist make some putters years ago called "Dead Center" or somesuch to tackle this. No mirrors, but alignment marks.

ZAP

New
I had that Yonex shiny blade putter for about a year and you could hardly use that thing is the sun was out.
Looked sweet though.:rolleyes:

ej20

New
I don't think it will be legal, the high gloss version might work though.
But having the ball directly over the ball isn't the right thing for everyone. When I had a few putting lessons and got fitted for my putter we did some tests for where my ideal eye position is (I think it all depends what your dominant eye is etc). Mine is slightly to the inside.
I only move my head directly over the ball when I verify the aim (using Geoff Mangum's ideas on swivelling the head and aligning it with the base of Mount Fuji [your nose])
I heard slightly to the inside is ok also.The point is however,to have your eyes in a consistent position which the "mirror" can help with.If your eyes move around from day to day,the actual line to the hole changes also.It's like changing the calibration on the sights of your rifle randomly.Good luck hitting the target.

ej20

New
What would be more useful is a mirror angled such that you could look down and see where the face is aiming.

Can't see that being legal tho

As regards eye alignment - didn't Titleist make some putters years ago called "Dead Center" or somesuch to tackle this. No mirrors, but alignment marks.

I think Seemore putters have a similar feature.I might go and try them and see what they are about.

Status
Not open for further replies.