Mizuno JPX800 Pro vs MP53.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Kevin,

Mizuno's are great clubs. I have had a set of MP52 for about 12mths and I love the things. They are similar technology to the MP53 but older. I haven't played with the JPX800 but I think they are a cast club and I have found that the forged ones have a better feel to them. In my experience, I notice where on the face a miss hit occurs. Better feedback, better improvement IMO.

Best of luck with the choice, I would recommend hitting both and see which you like best.

Christopher

I play the 53's w x100 shaft. Haven't tried the JPX800's. I love the 53's. They look enough like players' clubs, but are really very forgiving in my opinion. Try all the heads (with the shaft you're going to play) and it should be an easy enough decision.

not sure what you like to look at down there.
not sure what your skill level is.
not sure what clubs you currently game.
Am 100% sure that I personally wouldn't trade my mp 57's straight up for a year's paid vacation. Good luck with it, pick the one that inspires the most confidence IMO.

not sure what you like to look at down there.
not sure what your skill level is.
not sure what clubs you currently game.
Am 100% sure that I personally wouldn't trade my mp 57's straight up for a year's paid vacation. Good luck with it, pick the one that inspires the most confidence IMO.

I've been playing Mizuno MX-20's for around 11 years now. Also play Hogan Apex Plus at times. Been playing forged for about 14 years (coincidentally around the same time my game went to hell in a hand basket). :) Love the looks and feel, especially when I nut one.

I've never tried a game improvement forged set though. The JPX-800 Pro is forged. The regular 800 is cast.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
If you have time to practice or you play to single digit and like to work the ball some I would lean towards the 53's. The lofts are a degree weaker but the collision sound/feel/feedback should be enhanced.
If this doesn't suit your mindset the jpx 800 or 800 pro are both great sets as well. There is no loser in this bunch, it basically comes down to what you're inspired by looking at and as Mike Jacobs said "feel is important, whatever makes it easier for you to line the face up for impact".
Just make sure you get the right lie angles and you are sure to see a dramatic upgrade in the last 10 years no matter what direction you choose to go in. It's mizuno, you really can't go wrong.;)

I play the JPX800 pro and I love them. In my fitting session done by a friend of mine it was a two horse race between the jpx800 pro and the MP53. I loved the MP53 and felt that I was hitting them nicely but my friend convinced me to take the more forgiving jpx800 pro. You can still fade or draw them and they give that bit more foregivingness that you sometime need. No matter what you decide you will get a great set. IMHO once you played Mizuno irons you aren't going to play anything else.

ParHunter

Status
Not open for further replies.