Monday Night Football, how was it Brian? (PLUS: an email worth reading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
In the TOP 10? You bet!

It was UNBELIEVABLE.

We—The City of New Orleans and the whole Metro Area—did it.

We shut up the naysayers. We did what we do best—put on a GREAT SHOW.

Oh yeah, we can play a little football as well, and we make MORE NOISE than any fans anywhere.

But, some in the national media STILL got it wrong, read THIS below:

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Saints vs. Falcons & The Stallion vs. The Fool - two ARSE kickings!

There is a writer at SFgate.com called (of all things) The Betting Fool, that really got it wrong.

And the Itallian Stallion, your own Brian Michael Manzella, worked him over good.

READ MY EMAIL TO HIM (his quotes in bold):

Fool,

Here is a POINT-BY-POINT assassination of your HORRIBLE, IGNORANT rant of a column:

"I watched the Saints play the Falcons and was wondering if a football game could make an entire city happy. Could it make people forget, even for a few hours, about the horrors of Katrina."

I lost my home in Katrina. I am rebuilding. I was one of the 1.3 MILLION residents of Metro New Orleans PRE-K, now I live just outside that Metro Area with my in-laws as I rebuild in Lakeview, where the 17th Street canal levee broke.

But, Fool (how appropriate), there are NOW OVER A MILLION PEOPLE LIVING IN THAT VERY SAME METRO NEW ORLEANS AREA.

Yup, over a million.

I can hear you say "No, they said less than 50% on CNN, they said 80% in ruins on CNBC.

Some cities draw there "City Limit" lines really wide—like Philly, some draw them really narrow, like Louisville until about 5 years ago, and New Orleans even today.

But the NEW ORLEANS I've known for my 44 years on this planet, really includes Metairie, Harahan and Kenner (about a HALF A MILLION PEOPLE Pre-K and today) immediately to the west, and Arabi and Chalmette (where I grew up) immediately to the east.

As we were on our final approach as I flew into town from business Friday night before the BIG GAME, the three guys sitting in front of me were AMAZED!

"Hey look at all the lights—and CARS—and Businesses!!!"

"I thought the whole city was a back hole." —exact quote

So do you, Mr. Fool.

ALL—that's in A-L-L—of the areas you would have visited if you ever came to our great city, are in near perfect shape. Uptown, The Garden District, CBD and The French Quarter look, and are, in great shape.

Now Lakeview, The lower 9th Ward, New Orleans East, Arabi and Chalmette, are all in the process of a big clean-up, reconditioning and—like me—tearing down and rebuilding. But, give us a little while and come see my new BIGGER And BETTER house in my CLEAN UP and IMPROVED neighborhood.

But, you TOTAL fool, here is the kicker: 90+% of the 80,000 residents of St. Bernard Parish containing Arabi and Chalmette, as well as "outside the Metro" Mereaux, Violet, and more small areas), who were displaced by the flood (are now living in either St. Tammany Parish (immediately to New Orleans' north) or just outside the Metro area on the west. St. Tammany population is UP 80,000!

Of the 220,000 residents of Orleans Parish (incorporated city area) who are displaced, a significant percentage are living just outside of the Metro area.

Hey FOOL!!

Newflash!

That leaves the NEW ORLEANS with about 1.1million of the 1.3 million residents that USED TO BUY SAINTS AND LSU SEASON TICKETS, STILL IN THE AREA, STILL FOOTBALL FANS, STILL REAL PEOPLE who can't work 24/7 on their homes, they have to have fun too.

Is that OK with you FOOL?

"I have to wonder how in the world the Saints sold out their entire season ticket supply when the city was in ruins a few months ago and many of the people haven't come back.
Did maybe the NFL purchase of few ticket plans to fuel the feel-good story that drew record ratings on Monday?"

Now you know.

You ALSO ought to know that THESE SAME PEOPLE LIKE ME—"THE GREAT FLOODED OUT"—FILLED THE 92,000 SEAT LSU TIGER STADIUM FOR EVERY GAME LAST YEAR, RIGHT AFTER THE DAMN FLOOD!!

You idiot.

"When the Saints do their usual December pratfall to fall out of the playoff race (sorry, they've beaten two crummy teams and one grossly overrated one), I hope the people dancing under the umbrellas will still be glowing from the "Night That Saved The Planet."

I CAN'T WAIT FOR DECEMBER 3RD, WHEN OUR LOWLY SAINTS BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR PITFUL TEAM.

"Oh well, pass the beignets."

I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, a donut eating FOOL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.